"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Monday, March 17, 2008

Can I take much more? Monday

Sunday didn't go so well... Peanut had a fever during the night... So, I gave her some medicine hoping she would get at least a little bit of sleep... I officially took her temp under her arm at 9 in the morning and it was 101.5... I gave her some more medicine and we stayed home from Mass... She napped on and off a bit but never fell completely asleep... We had a bit of lunch, gave her a bath to see if it would help cool her off... Time for more medicine and I gave her another temp check under the arm and it was 101.1... At least it went down a tiny bit... We finished watching Barbie Princess and the Pauper then took our regularly scheduled nap... She slept restlessly... She woke up hotter then ever and due for another dose of medicine... I gave her yet another dose and took her temp again under the arm... It was 102.1... I said enough is enough we are going to the doctor... It was now into the evening and every where was closed but the ER... We arrived and checked in at the first desk... We then waited 45 minutes to an hour to be seen by triage... We waited another 1/2 hour for a room to become available... Another 15 minutes went by after the nurse finished her questions before the doctor arrived... Peanut has strep... Doctor leaves and nurse comes back in 5 minutes with discharge paper work and a RX for antibiotics... We go up stairs to the only open pharmacy and wait 10 minutes for the people in front of us... We then waited another 15 minutes for ours to be filled... We headed home... I gave Peanut her dose of antibiotic and another dose of fever reducer and put her to bed... I also gave Monkey his evening dose of antibiotic (he will be done on Thursday) so he could go to bed as well... It was off to Walmart way out west... I picked up stain remover... I used the last of it washing tons of laundry while being nurse to Peanut... I picked up more fever reducer because between Monkey and Peanut we were almost out again... I didn't want to run out and have to head out in the middle of the night... I picked up an ear thermometer... The under the arm temp taking was stressful for both Monkey and Peanut... They just aren't old enough to use it in the mouth like my husband and I... :ast was a box of our favorite butter that only Walmart carries... Next I headed way south to the grocery store... I picked up chicken, stuffing, and soups for casserole I made today... I also picked up Milk and OJ... I've been craving it ever since Hardee's was out on Thursday morning when I ran through the drive thru with my oldest after his psych appointment... Back home I headed to eat some dinner and some much needed sleep... So, besides the 2nd case of strep and the last night shopping the weekend had gone surprisingly well... So, my oldest and I loaded up to drop him off... I arrive home take off my coat and go to sit for a minute before having some breakfast and the phone rings... I'm thinking can't I sit one minute? It was his program... He was out of hand... Physically agressive and destroying property... He hadn't made more then 2 feet from where I had dropped him off... His teacher was there, para, principal and maintance man... So, out I went to pick him up... He came home and has spent the day in his room... He was not happy about it but hopefully that will shop him that if he misbehaves it doesn't mean a free ticket home to play... He said he will be better tomorrow and doesn't want to spend another day in his room alone... I called his case manager to discuss the morning events... He agrees the program we are setting up on Wednesday will be very valueable in this sort of situation... We will see how the rest of the day goes...

1 comment:

Teresa said...

((((((((( Caroline )))))))))
You sure are due for a break!! Praying things ease up and you can enjoy Holy Week.