"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Friday, March 7, 2008

Lenten Friday and CCM Induction Ceremony

I had a long and tiring day... I woke and dropped my oldest off... I then put my coffee cake in the oven in hopes it would finish in the time for me to leave in 40 minutes... Well, it finished in time... Just BARELY! Then I realized I hadn't cubed the cheese for the children's snack... So, I'm chopping cheese, helping the 2 littles ones with dressing, packing all the things I needed for CCM... Well, needless to say I didn't leave till 15 minutes after when I needed to leave... I stopped at my appointment which luckily they were having a slow day so I didn't have to reschedule... I finished that up... Peanut had her monthly weight in... She is almost into the 50% for both height and weight... She still hasn't reached 30 lbs yet at 32 months old... She is however almost 36" tall!!! Woo hoo!!! Next we went to CCM... After I brought my zillion of things in I was able to settle down and relax a minute... The children loved the snack... I didn't bring home but a tiny bit... Up stairs the ladies love the still warm coffee cake... They also loved the Lenten/Easter Activities I printed off to share with everyone one which included Stations of the Cross in a Box, Resurrection Rolls, Easter Cookies, Jelly Bean Prayer/What the colors of Jelly Beans mean for Easter... I had planned on going to noon mass with everyone else but it took us (me and the 2 littles ones) quite a bit of time... By the time I had everyone dressed well we had missed 15 minutes of mass... We drove to the Hardee's to pick up a snack and snacked while circling the block to find a door closer to the Cathedral (SE Corner)... Our CCM meeting are in the Parish Center (NW Corner)... It was another bitterly cold day so walking around the block was NOT an option... I did finally find a spot and dropped the little ones off in the social hall and went up stairs for the Induction Ceremony... I made it upstairs just as they were finishing communion... I found a seat near my friend Jen... Mass ended and we prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet... We all moved up front and waited for the Fr. W to return... I brought my camera so I could share PICS of our induction...
Fr. W laying out the medal we would receive for the induction:
Fr. W leading the ceremony:Fr. W blessing the medal:Fr. W blessing us with Holy Water: Fr. W giving me my medal (I had to repeat after receiving the medal "Mary, help me to be a better wife and mother"):

All 4 of us after the induction with Fr. W: (left to right, Jen S., Me, Fr. W, Lisa G., and Bernadette L.)
I am now a lifetime member even after my death... I and all my children will be remember at all CCM Masses around the world and every time a group of CCM women come together and pray our special prayers that we start every official meeting with I and all my children will be remembered then too... You may ask what is CCM... Here is a brief description:
Confraternity of Christian Mothers (CCM)
CCM was founded in France in 1850. The group was started because there was a need to unite and pray with other mothers, to discuss their problems, and to advise one another regarding the Christian rearing of their children. They knew that their new found group would not gain success without the blessings of spiritual direction. So, they petitioned their priest to oversee the group. Once the priests showed interest, the groups spread rapidly. Now there are 6 Archconfraternities in the world. It was in 1881 that the Capuchin Fathers and Brothers started an Archconfraternaty in Pittsburgh, PA. The CCM's spread from there since then. You may ask, Why is there still a need today for such an old organization? The answer is returned with a question. Is there not a need to bond with other mothers and discuss needs and ideas to raise a Christian family in this day and age? Of course there is. Now maybe more than ever. There are several organizations that young mothers can belong to, however, there are no other ones that have as their primary goal the "training and sanctifying" of their children. The CCM members pray for each other and their children. They discuss issues relevant to current times. Rather than being an organization that focuses on self-fulfillment, CCM reaffirms women in their roles as wives and mothers.

I had to cancel Peanut's ST because the induction ran later then we had planned... So, we stayed for the pot luck that followed... We all packed up and headed back south to pick up my oldest... We ran quick to Blockbuster and dropped off a movie my husband had rented... When I arrived home my surprise was here that I've been telling you all that would come today...
What do you think:
The children really love it... For right now we will use it this way... When our blessing arrives it has a special attachment for his car seat that will go on the front instead of the child cup holder/snack tray... Peanut will be in the back where Monkey is right now which has separate safety restraints for both sitting and standing.... I'm so excited and blessed to have this wonderful item for my children... I guess that is about all that happened today that I can remember to write about...

No comments: