"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Monday, March 17, 2008

Chicken Casserole (Doubled Recipe)

Here is my family favorite...

2-3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken, cooked and diced/cubed
2 sticks Butter, melted
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 Bags of Crushed Herb Seasoned Stuffing

Preheat oven to 350 degrees... I don't have a bowl big enough to mix this so I use my stock pot... First I add to the pot both bags of stuffing... Next I mix in the butter using a wooden spoon... I take a large microwaveable bowl (4-6 Qt) and empty 2 cans of soup in and 2 cans of water (doesn't matter which two cans you do first)...I microwave 1 minute whisk until smooth, and microwave 1 minute... I add this to the stuffing... Mixing again with the wooden spoon... I then open the other 2 cans of soup and repeat... Mix that in with the stuffing... It should be very moist but not soupy... Next I mix in the chicken... I transfer it to my largest baking dish (15 x 20)... Bake for 30 minutes or until center is hot... Serve it your favorite veggies and fresh baked bread... Also delicious with turkey...

No comments: