"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Thursday, March 13, 2008

29 Weeks and Single Parenthood

Only 11 more weeks to go... Time seems to be flying by yet May still seems so far away... My oldest had an EARLY psychiatry appointment... It went very well... We talked about all the things that are happening here and did some mild medicine adjustments to see if we can improve the afternoons a bit... However while I was away from home certain events occurred that proved that I'm going to have to live like I'm a single parent... ::sigh:: So, hopefully it won't be too awful and we will see it through without too much turmoil... The last thing I need is more stress and worries... Monkey still has a fever from the strep so hopefully that will end soon... I picked him up some more fever reducer because we were out after I gave him a dose late last night... The weather is gorgeous... FORTY! Can you believe it? My oldest remarked while riding in the van this morning "New Spring Grass" (from Bambi)... I thought that was adorable... ::grin:: My friend Michelle has been talking about 'Spring Cleaning' on her blog and I was bit by the bug this morning... I cleaned out a few junky areas and threw out broken crayons and misc papers that aren't necessary to keep... It was a good feeling to see everything all tidy and neat... Thanks for the inspiration! I stopped at the store for Salsa and Bananas... I need to eat up the rest of the taco left overs before Meatless Friday arrives... I just did some calculations for on respite services that I mentioned are being discontinued and new services signed up else where... The new place we are moving to looks very promising... However the place we left... 1/2 the month will be over and we will have received 10 hours of service... Based on our risk need accessed by the county... We are to receive 40 hours per month... If we did decide to suffer it out and finish the month we would MAYBE get another three to six and half hours... At the most we could have ended the month with a whopping 16.5 hours out of 40!!! What about the other 23.5 hours you say... Well, they were "short staffed due to___" I'll let you fill in the blank the because the excuses are far to many to list... Also, the other reply "we are training/hiring"... This one I hear often... How come I haven't met any of these newly hired but need to be trained people since ummm I don't know October? Which was the last time we had someone new! If it takes you 4-6 months to fill a position then something is serious wrong!!! The more I think about it the madder I get and more appalling it all is... I can't believe we let ourselves be treated this way for so long and actually had them making us believe it was our son's fault or some how our fault! ::shakes head:: My oldest had a rough afternoon when I picked him up... He had a so-so ST session... After that he seemed to calm down... He napped well and ate a good dinner... The evening was very quiet and relaxing... Which was much appreciated considering how the day started...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{{{Caroline}}}}}}}}}}} I am sorry that things are so rough for you right now. I had no idea and I feel very badly for you. I am lousy at giving advice, but I am always available to listen, if you need to talk.

Michelle said...

Caroline, you're a strong young woman. You and your family remain in my daily prayers.

Once I read a great article about "detachment in marriage". It gave me some great insight.