"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Friday, June 13, 2008

Frustrated and Fun Friday

The first half of the day was awesome... The second half was the frustrating part... I will start with the end of the day and then go back and talk about the morning to end of a positive note... I ready the littles to go pick up my oldest with respite worker in tow... We arrive... I start asking well where is this and that... They start looking... They only found a few of the things I requested... The rest they said they would hopefully find later... Otherwise make a list and cost and they would pay us... One thing missing is his Rand McNally 1934 World Atlas Book... ::eye roll:: We sat there for over an hour waiting till we could leave... I signed tons of paperwork... I was given one RX and they fax'd the other I needed... I'm not sure why they did it that way... He had quite the episode while the 'staff' ran around looking for things... Thank God for Plexiglas or there would have been at least 3-4 broken windows in the place... I love how they said prior to his episode he is stable... Yea, that is the picture of stability... We can't even leave and he is pounding on windows, doors and walls... So, we finally made it out... We head to the pharmacy because I'm thinking once I'm home I want to be home... Taking him out again probably wouldn't be a good idea... I wasn't sure how unstable his behavior would be... I had the respite worker with me... So, at least I wasn't alone with all 4... We were stuck at the traffic light prior to the railroad tracks... It wouldn't change because a train was going by... When I saw the train I was hoping this would help calm him since he loves the trains... It has the opposite effect... My oldest wanted to be closer so he could watch... He had another episode in the van and banged on the vent window in the sliding door he sits next to... Nothing I could do but wait it out... I was boxed in and couldn't switch lanes... Luckily it wasn't a long train... He was still very upset about the train thing 6 blocks away when we arrived at the pharmacy... I laid down some ground rules about going in the building to the pharmacy before going in... He was mostly calm... He couldn't sit still but that is understandable... He was still quite anxious and agitated by the train thing... The pharmacist who knows us put a rush on his order (moved us a head of everyone else)... She understand he has difficulty waiting and could tell he was already upset... Her plans were foiled when she tried to run billing... She told me the doctor didn't have a participating provider number for my oldest insurance and without that number she couldn't bill it... I gave her the number from memory of where we had just left... She tried several times and still didn't make it any where... She said go on home and she would call when they were ready... It has now been a half hour... We even tried contacting our usual psych (another number I gave from memory, pharmacist was impressed at my skills) but he had left of the day... It is now 4 PM on a Friday and I'm livid... There is no way I'm going through almost 3 days with no medicine for my son... Considering he is acting this way on his meds... So, I call over to where we had just left once I arrived home and told them they need to do something about this and do it now... After another 20-30 minutes (after I had left the pharmacy) everything was solved... The respite still had a bit of time left before her shift for the day was over... My oldest was happily picking up sticks that had fallen down in the yard during our recent rains... I pack up the littles and head back to the pharmacy... The pharmacist apologizes about the issues and the delay... I told her it wasn't her fault and not worry about it... Also, thank you for all her help... We chatted a bit about Linebacker and then I headed back home... I don't think she had seen him yet... We know several pharmacist there as well as their helpers what ever they are called... So, everything worked out... I had all the meds I needed for the weekend well the whole month... The rest of the night after the ordeal was much better... Everyone went right down to nap as scheduled, ate a good dinner, bathed and went to bed with no hassles... Now to the first part of the day... Monkey and Peanut had their first back to back ST session... That went pretty well... It has been 4 weeks since Linebacker's birth... Everything is going well... Today is his Saint's Feast Day... St. Anthony of Padua... So, we had a mini celebration about that... Now on to a very special part of our day that happened first thing...
Monkey had his Safety Town Graduation (told in pictures and captions)!!!
This is outside... He is said it was cold... So, I guess that can explain the expression on his face... He is also saying 'cheese' instead of just smiling...
This is the yellow dotted line he followed to his Safety Classroom every morning...
This is his 'group'... He is the 2nd from the left sitting in chairs (front row)... They had 4 groups... Green, Red, Blue and Purple... He was in the purple group... Aren't they cute!!! They song several songs about safety complete with hand movements... They all received a stop sign shaped diploma...
Proud Daddy and Mommy with Monkey newly Graduated from Saftey Town... He is mad and didn't want to wear his hat for the PIC...
Linebacker is telling me it's meal time... So, that's all for today...

No comments: