"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First Week of June

Monday:
Monkey started Safety Town today... He learned about crossing the street, playing on the playground and a Police Officer visited... He had a great time... I have to find his bike helmet... He's never ridden a bike before... He does own a helmet though... He will need it for when he learns about bike safety... He colored/drew a picture called "The Police Officer is my friend"... He had a great time! While he was there I ran to Walmart to buy a new Alarm clock... The one I have now just isn't cutting it... I didn't hear it this morning and we barely made it on time... It poured this morning... While I was there I also picked up Anthony another blanket and some bubble holders for the children... We had one spill proof bucket... I picked up two more... Monkey had his PT screening today... He doesn't qualify for private at home PT... His skills have really come along since he was tested at the school... So, he may not need it in the fall either even though it's on his IEP... I was very pleased by his advancement... Our first meal arrived to make tomorrow... Tuesday:
Safety Town Today he learned about Riding in the car, Traffic Safety Signs, Strangers, and a Police Officer explained the driving course (bike) traffic safety signs... It was too wet for bike safety so he didn't need his helmet... He colored Safety Signs and glued them on to straws... Monkey had his OT screening today... He does qualify for OT services private at home... They will come every week until he starts K... He will then only have OT on his IEP... They saw the same concerns as before... He has pencil grasp issues and some other fine motor skills... He is coming along but not where he should be... My friend watched Monkey and Peanut while I visited my oldest... She also watched them while I ran quick to Sam's to pick up Green Beans and Broccoli... We chatted for quite a while and I didn't arrive home till late... Earlier another friend stopped by in an emergency for me to watch her 18 month old... She forgot and I didn't ask for his car seat so I wasn't able to run to Sam's during the early afternoon like I had planned... My oldest was doing well today... We sat and watched trains... He was kind of all over the place in his conversation... Couldn't stay on one topic... We had our first meal from friends today... It was a hamburger/noodle hot dish and rice crispy treats... Both were delicious! Wednesday:
Safety Town today was a Police Car Tour and Introduction to the Bike Course... He colored a picture about Seat Belt Safety... We went to Walmart in search of Dinosaurs... We didn't find any... We did however buy a smaller jacket for Linebacker, bubble bucket for my oldest, Monkey picked out a View Master Disc Set with Dinosaurs and Peanut picked out a View Master Disc Set with Diego... Peanut had ST today... She did well... We moved our appointment time on Friday to make room to add Monkey in the future visits... ST wants to see them on the same day back to back if possible to save on gas to drive here and for my sanity in scheduling... Monkey had his ST screening... He qualifies for ST private at home... Again it will discontinued when he starts K because he will have it as indicated on his IEP... Having OT and ST at home over this summer is just a jump start and to help him so that he won't require it as much on his IEP... Tonight was the end of school year Mass for FMCHE... After Mass we had a Pizza Party Potluck... We had a great time... I didn't arrive home till almost 10 PM... There was a whole leftover Pepperoni Pizza I took home... Our next meal arrived for me to prepare tomorrow... Since we still had hamburger/noodle casserole leftover, pizza and other things we needed to eat... I didn't thaw the next meal but added some extra wrapping and put it in the freezer... I did start snacking on Raspberry Danish that came with it... I would never buy the Raspberry kind usually the plain or apple... It was delicious change from my usual... Thursday:
Safety Town today Monkey learned a lot more about Bike Safety... He had a great time... He rode a big boy bike for the first time... He glued red, yellow and green circles on a black rectangle to make a traffic light... We all ran errands with my husband... It was a long and busy day... I was at Walmart yet again... We found Monkey a Dinosaur that roars and moves... Peanut we picked up a Diego Game that teaches Numbers and a Dora Game that teaches the ABC... We went to the Library, Dollar Store, and Grocery Store... We had another meeting about my oldest... Looks like yet another 10 days... I took a very refreshing nap... The power went out in the middle of the night for 2-3 hours... Having more storms and rain yet again... We didn't call and report the outage... We decided if it was still out in the morning then we would call... The weather wasn't bad temperature wise... It was the middle of the night... If my husband wasn't up doing some last minute things really late we would have never known it was out till morning when we saw the blinking clocks down stairs... Alarm clock has battery back-up so it will still Alarm if the power is out... It won't tell you the time but still wake up up as needed in the morning... When the power does come on you don't have to reset anything... Very nice feature to have... Friday:
I took the Seafood Casserole that was delivered out of the freezer to start thawing... The first week of Safety Town is over... Monkey took a tour of a School Bus today and learned School Bus Safety... he learned about School Bus Safety and toured a School Bus... I asked him what he thought of a School Bus... He said 'It has lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of SEATS!... LOL... His voice grew louder and louder as he talked till he yelled seats... He cracks me up... He made a School Bus as his craft... Peanut had ST at her new time today... It was drizzling when I dropped Monkey off... When I picked him it up it was a fabulously sunny day... Less then an hour later when ST was to start the buckets started falling... It POURED!!! Talk about flip flopping... Luckily by the time ST was done it had stopped... A friend of mine watched Monkey and Peanut during my visit with my oldest... He is the best I've seen him in MONTHS!!! I couldn't believe it... We sat and watched the trains... We also colored a picture of Scoop (Excavator from Bob the Builder) together... It was a lot of fun... The children were having such a great time that my friend and I really were able to talk... We never really sat and talked with each other before... It was nice to learn more about her family and tell her about mine... She is a really wonderful lady and I look forward to doing more things with her family... Her children and mine had a terrific time playing... I have really Thanked God this week over and over for what wonderfully supportive friends I have in FMCHE... I'm not sure how I would make it through this difficult time without their prayers and support... They are truly a blessing... I'm honored to call them all my friends...

2 comments:

Renee said...

Continued prayers here in Germany for you. Hope you get a chance to update soon...

Michelle said...

I'm so glad to hear C2 is doing so well. Continuing prayers for your family.