"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Too Much Tuesday/Round Robin UPDATE

Today was a long and tiring day with no nap to catch up on a few zzzz's... I was super early to take my oldest to an appointment... Happy news when I arrived home... The people had come and fixed our frig door... Yippee!!! I was out again running errands... I mailed the last of my packages and a few envelopes... I stopped by quilting and dropped off the quilt I've been working on so someone else can pick up where I left off and work on it... It is from the quilt teacher at the Cathedral... I also finished my round robin this morning... What do you all think? Awesome! Right? The photos do not do justice to the beauty of these quilts...
Here is my center with Ruth's 1st Round... She turned my block on point...
Here is Ruth's center with my 1st Round... I used my fabric type of fabric... Paisley!My oldest had his conference today... They have seen the same positive changes we had seen since the medicine addition... So, that is exciting... It was great to hear such a positive report... He is happier, calmer and self motivated to earn different activities back and is willing to work on issues so he can enter the mainstream classroom again... How very awesome... I registered Monkey for K... I also signed him up for Safety Town... It is a 2 week summer program that focuses on Safety with visits from the Police, Fire Station, Ambulance, etc... I'm sure he is going to love it! I'm very excited for him... I was the last day for our Tuesday Respite Worker... She is starting a new job... So, we are losing yet another person... I hope we have so new people soon... We are supposed to have 40 hours a month of respite... After our Tuesday gal leaves who was the best! We will be down to 20 actually being staffed... Very frustrating! As a fun way to spend the rest of our evening we took the children to a second hand store to pick up toys with Valentine's Day money...

Here is what they picked out:I also found two after baby skirts... I just realize nursing in a jumper with no snaps, buttons or other openings would prove impossible! So, I'm stocking up on bottoms... I have a ton of cute nursing tops... So, my jumpers will go in storage till we wean... They make great maternity wear though... Sooo comfy... I was looking at the more closely when I came home... One is Liz Claiborne and the other Talbot... The only reason I've even heard of Talbot is because their store is next to the food court at the mall... I've never been in there... I bought both skirts for $10... LOL!!! I can't imagine what they are full price... They look new! Why anyone would buy them from a retail store is mind boggling... I truly agree with the Duggars saying... Buy Used and Save the Difference... I can't believe I ever bought stuff from a retail store... I wasted soo much money... Especially considering the resale value after you buy it! I was completely shocked at the garage sale... Things I wore maybe 2-3 times and I was lucky to get more then $1 and I paid $20-30... INSANE!!! Never again... The psych made another visit to gather info for her behavior plan...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt squares are beautiful, Caroline. It's good to hear that C2 is doing so well on his new meds. I can't believe you are going into your third trimester already! Your pregnancy is going so quickly - from my point of view!

Michelle said...

Caroline, the quilts look beautiful! I'm so glad you've been able to do a few things for yourself.

Talbots is a great brand and we have a store locally although I've never been in it. We're blessed that a church member gives us Talbot kids (for Max) so he's set for church clothes.

Good deals on the thrift store finds! It's mind boggling how much money can be saved when purchasing things gently used. We're now getting into auctions too. :)