"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Monday, February 4, 2008

Money, Mail, Mall, and Many More things Monday

As you know I spent a large part of last week sick... I'm finally able to function without OTC medicine and wouldn't necessarily call what I did while taking medication functioning... I felt just awful and didn't do much of anything unless I had to... Life doesn't stop for a sick mom! Hopefully that is the last of the illiness for me... To make matters worse when I was almost over my cold yesterday I was helping my husband off to Mass since he was late and feel down our front steps outside... I twisted both ankles pretty bad and scraped up my lower right leg/ankle... So, needless to say despite the fact I felt almost well enough to leave the house I didn't go any where and sat with my legs/feet up all day... I was able to get up for a bit to make my husband Super Bowl snacks I had promised... I made Hot Wings, Chili/Cheese Dip, and Chili (that I had already made from scratch and just had to thaw and heat)... I will share Hot Wing Recipe and Chili/Cheese Dip recipes later... Today we filed our taxes... So, it is a very HAPPY day in our house... Despite we made more this year we still received a LARGER refund then last year... We were very surprised and happy... We have a lot of things we need to buy new refrigerator, new clothes washer, our oldest needs a mattress/box spring set, middle son needs a mattress since he is changing locations when #4 arrives, then of course there is like for everyone all those BILLS, BILLS, BILLS, we will be paying on and paying OFF!!! That is the exciting part... We will be kissing a few bills GOOD BYE!!! That's always a good feeling... I also finally made it to the store after wanting to go and buy some things for 4-5 days... That was a good feeling to be able to go out and do something for yourself! I also made a stop at the PO to mail some packages and monthly bills... Made a quick stop at the Mall to pay on my husband's store card before heading back east to pick up my oldest... He was kind of wild in ST today... Not sure why... I did some beginning of the month paper work to keep the homestead running... Our schedule is going well... Still need to work on a few areas but I'm pleased with the results so far...

No comments: