"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Thursday, February 14, 2008

Surgery Day

My oldest had an Orchidopexy today... It went very well... It wasn't as undecended as they thought it might be and they had plenty of I didn't sleep well before so I was exhausted but we were up at 6, left at 6:30, stopped for breakfast for me to snack on after they take him back, saw the babies (maternity ward nursery 8! 3 boys and 5 girls), checked in at 7, did all the pre-op stuff, they took him back at 9:50, they called me in the 'family' room to report he was asleep and doing well and surgery had started, I knitted quite a bit on blessings blanket, he came out of surgery recovery and went to his room at noonish... He ate two orders of lunch (here they have a room service type thing set up) and he eats ALOT at home, he hadn't eaten since 9 ish the night before, everything was going great everyone was relaxed we could leave when we were ready, we watched Bambi DVD on the Play Station, then nurse is like lets give him some pain meds before dressing and going home... That didn't go over well... I explained that with meds it's not a problem of having him take it it's having him keep it in... We (hubby and I) aren't sure if it's related to his condition or behavioral... Well, he didn't keep it in and I'm one of those people who can't handle that sort of stuff... So, I ran from the room to inform the nurse... Luckily it was on the side of the bed away from the door... I managed to not pass out... Though for a while I thought they were going to have to pick me up off the floor... I was still sick a few hours later... That is usually my first reaction is I'm sick as well... Just something that I can't handle at all... Even TV and Movies send me running for the bathroom... It's just awful... I can't believe Hollywood thinks this is 'entertainment'! It was a hurried discharge after that... We visited the 'babies' one last time, all were gone except the one under the lights, stopped at the pharmacy before heading home... We were home just after 3... He was himself minus the just off the horse walk (bow legged)... He built train towns with his tracks/building, terrorized his siblings, watched a movie, etc... So, I think all is well... We go back 1st of March for a follow up... He was feeling well enough and destoried yet another dresser (3rd one)... I hope the county has some answers tomorrow for us... I headed to bed as soon as I could... I'm 25 weeks today...

No comments: