"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Saturday, January 26, 2008

Slow Saturday

Today was a pretty slow day... Slept in a bit... I made Pizzas for dinner... Recipe below... When I woke up I made a lb of bacon (just easier to cook it all at once when the pan is hot and store it in the fridge for meals later)... We also had eggs and bagels... We headed out to run errands... First stop was to the gas station... The needle was in the orange (lower then 1/8th tank)... Next was the dollar store downtown which my husband told me the last weekend is going out of business... They just remodeled... Go figure... A trip the library... I looked for a book about bread but they didn't have any... Next we headed across town and realized we should have stopped at the dry cleaners... So, we stopped at 3 different ones... One closes a noon, one closes at one and one closes at 2... It was quarter to 4... So, we headed back across town and stopped Walmart... We had lots of things to pick up like Cat Milk (pediasure), Wipes, Juice, Bagels, Cinnamon, Ketchup (on sale $3 for 64 oz) and a few other things... I also picked up rotary blades... $6 cheaper then JoAnn's... So, I hope to work on my round robin again soon... We made a quick stop at the grocery for meats for homemade pizzas (dinner tonight), bananas, grapes and apples... It was home head home and do thing around the house like hang black out curtains to block out the cold air leaking in an old window... We picked up Balto II at the library... I went online and found they actually have a Balto III... I wonder if the library has this one too! The children are really enjoying them... Now for the Pizza Recipes...

Pizza Crust (two 12" crusts):
3/4 C. Water
2 T. Olive Oil
2-1/2 C. Bread Flour
1 t. Salt
1-3/4 t. active dry Yeast

I put these things into my bread machine and let it do the work but you can certainly do it by hand if you choose... I've done it by hand but did the machine tonight because I napped while it was making my ingredients into dough... My machine takes about 75 minutes to make dough... Divide Dough in half and roll into 12" circles... Pre-Bake at 400 Degrees for 8-10 minutes or more depending on how 'brown' you like your crust...

Assembling A Pizza
Sauce - 1/2 Pint to 1 Pint (depending on how saucy you like it, I use my homemade frozen meatless spaghetti sauce, thawed)
Favorite Toppings Prepared - We had ground Italian Sausage browned and crumbled, ground Beef browned and crumbled, Pepperoni slices, Onion diced, Mushrooms sliced, Tomatoes diced...
Mozzarella Cheese Shredded

After your crust has been pre-baked... First is a layer of sauce and about 1/3 of the 8 oz shredded Mozzarella block... Next add your toppings minus the Tomatoes... We will be adding those later... Next is the other 2/3 of Mozzarella... Place in oven (400 degrees) and bake 8-14 minutes depending on how 'brown' you like your cheese... Ingredients should be hot, bubbly and melted cheese... Sprinkle on tomato and bake another 2-4 minutes until tomatoes are hot... Repeat depending on how many crusts you made...
Let cool slightly before slicing... ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Caroline,
The pizza looks delicious! I'm sorry to hear your son had croup. It is very scary waking up in the middle of the night because your little one can't breathe. I'll be praying for your peace of mind during this stressful time and for everyone to get healthy again.