"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Friday, January 25, 2008

Not Fun Friday!

Well, to make this as accurate as possible I have to start in the wee hours of Friday before I made it to bed but it was still 'technically' Friday... I was about to head off to bed and Monkey woke up coughing... He coughed some the night before and during the day yesterday but I didn't think much of it since we all had some kind of 'cold' symptom... Only this time it seemed like he couldn't breathe or that he was breathing but no air was going in... My husband and I finally had him able to breathe almost normally... Monkey and I dressed and headed to the ER fearing the next time it happened we wouldn't be able to help him... He also had a slight fever... I hunted around for his insurance card in case he needed a RX... They can do the rest based on what's on file and couldn't seem to find it any where... I last remembered having it when filling out papers for the dentist (18th)... So, it had been 'missing' for about a week... My oldest son's card was also 'missing'... I was sure they were in the same place it is just a matter of where... I hunted all over the house in all the places I could think they could have possibly been... I even checked in the van in the middle of the night while it was warming up before our trip to the ER... I gave up and planned on calling the insurance company in the afternoon for replacements to be sent... Fast Fwd... Back home at quarter to 4 AM... What a lovely way to spend the middle of the night... NOT! He has croup... They gave him a breathing treatment that had two medicines in it and two other medicines orally... I can't remember what they were with this lack of sleep... His temp was 100.8... He is to follow up with his primary at the beginning of next week... I give him some Tylenol and off to bed for the 2nd time... Fast Fwd... My oldest was up so at quarter to 8 AM... I dressed again and I drop him off... It's now a quarter to 9 AM (hunted for insurance cards some more)... Fast Fwd... I go to bed for a 3rd time having troubles sleeping worrying that Monkey may have stopped breathing... I lay down next to him to try to calm my nerves and eventually I fall asleep... Fast Fwd... Peanut wakes at quarter to 10 AM... She actually over slept because she was awaken several times last night and this morning... So, I was able to relax a bit... I let Monkey sleep until 11:30 AM because he hadn't slept well and was up most of the night at the ER... I called the dental office to see if I had left the cards there... I also called the insurance people and left a message for our agent to order more cards... I dress and feed the 3 of us before leaving to pick up my oldest... While cleaning out my wallet of reciepts to balance my ledger later I found the insurance cards... They were there the ENTIRE time... Amazing how hard it is to think when you are upset... So, I called back the dental office to let them know I found them and they didn't need to look any more... I also left a 2nd message for our insurance agent to cancel the need to order cards because they had been found... I kissed my husband good bye because he probably wouldn't be here when we returned... I head to pick up oldest at quarter to 1 PM for psychiatry appointment... That went well... He did a couple of written letter referrals to see if we can resolve the issues at my oldest while he is at his program... We hurried home for Peanut to have ST at 2 PM... I had forgotten my watch and had no clue what time it was... The part of town I drove through didn't have any of those handy 'light up' displays to let you know the time/temp... We arrived home at 1:30 PM... I helped my husband off to work and relaxed a bit before Peanut had ST... I wrapped some packages for the PO... Checked a ton of email and worked on my new eBay listings that will list next week... I also paid a bill and balance my ledger... It took a while to settle everyone down for nap but eventually we did all fall asleep... The evening was quiet... We watched Balto and had hot air popcorn... So, despite the heck start to the day it seemed to calm down quite quickly once the noon hour had passed...

No comments: