"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Welcome Back Wednesday

I'm back!!!! Not 100% but well enough I can let you all know what is going on... My oldest was home all day on Friday... My illness continued to worsen so I canceled my oldest psychiatrist appointment... I didn't do but two things... I picked up Blessings car seat... I ran in quick to Walmart to pick out cough syrup for the two little ones who had very mild coughs but needed a little something... I road around and sat in the vehicle with the children while my husband ran in and out of places... My husband's friend (he's the wife of my friend expecting twins #7 & #8) came over they worked on remodeling in the living room... They made quite a bit of progress in the little time they were here... We will pick it back on next weekend... I wrote a little bit about Saturday... I was pretty much just miserable all day and night... I debated going to the doctor decided to wait because of the snow storm...
Sunday I decided enough was enough! I went to the doctor... They sent me up to L&D floor for observation for an hour because I had a headache and was dizzy (who wouldn't be with all that sinus pressure)... Baby and I both checked out fine... So, they released me... I went back downstairs to the ground floor to finish my doctors visit... He diagnosed me with Bronchitis... He gave me some medicine... I stopped at the pharmacy (located in same building) and headed home... My husband took the boys out for errands... Peanut and I took a nap or at least I tried to nap after I was medicated... My husband help me prepare and put homemade sloppy joes in the crock pot... I spent most of the day on the couch recovering... We missed the Potluck and Annual Business meeting for FMCHE... We had all been looking forward to attending...
Monday I took my oldest in to see the eye doctor... That was quite fun... ::sarcasm:: His appointment was almost 2 hours... The end result is he sees perfectly and doesn't need glasses at all... They dilated his eyes (took 20 minutes) and everything... I was impressed with the nurse working with the doctor... She either has worked with children like my oldest or she picked up instantly on our 'language'... She started talking how I talk with I work with my oldest and he is acting out behaviorally... So, I was glad to have someone who seemed to understand... That is the "hardest" part about parenting a child with Autism... Is finding people who REALLY understand what it means... Even other parents of children with Autism don't understand what it is like for another parent because each child can be so different... I know many people when they find out my oldest diagnoses they say things like 'oh that must be hard'... All that is involved is not hard per se... He has been like this for the whole time we known so many things we do we do because it's just the way he is and we don't know any different... It's the lack of having others who you can relate to and truly know what your life is like... Sometimes you feel very alone... It's hard to reach out and tell others about what is really going on because you feel that they would never understand (even though they 'say' they do) until they have experienced it first hand themselves... Peanut had her session while we were gone... I arrived just as she was leaving... My oldest had his last in home ST session... Due to his behavior she can no longer see him until he calms down... He is too much of a liability risk... She will still be available to consult... Tuesday:
I signed paper work for our 'overnight' service... I then stopped at the hardware store... I picked up new handles for the tub... Only to discover there were no screws to attach the new handles and we lost one of the old screws down the drain... So, I will have return that tomorrow... I headed downtown to refill one of my oldest RX... One of them was added at a different time so now I have to go to the pharmacy twice a month until I can move them closer together so they all together being refilled at the same time of the month... I stopped a picked up milk, eggs, cheese and juice because heading home... Monkey had more testing today... He still has another day before he finishes up... We then will meet to discuss the results... Tonight was K orientation night... I had our 'overnight' worker come to observe our family to give her a sense of how our evenings go... While I was at orientation with Monkey and Peanut... She took my oldest recycling... Which is located on the same block at the building I was in... So, she was with him but I near by in case she needed me... Everything went very well... We walked there and back... We made dinner and she had another family to work with so she left...
Today:
I had a meeting this morning with our new respite company... We should have staff up and running real soon... Right now I'm trying to figure out our schedule so they can fill it with staff... They like a concrete schedule vs me calling in a couple week ahead of time and saying oh can I have someone on this day and time... So, that will be a change... Nothing I can't work out though... The 'overnight' worker came today to observe how the after school routine works and observe talk with the OT... It was a really productive 2 hours... She learned a lot about our oldest... She is looking forward to watching him a few hours at her home and overnights will follow as everyone because more comfortable... Peanut had ST and did well... I was busy pick up the house to have it ready for the afternoon since I was out during the morning... So, I didn't really talk with the ST to much today about Peanut and what they are working on... I went back to the hardware store to find out the handles no longer come with handles... So, I bought 12 cents worth of screws... I installed one handle... The other is a bit more difficult... It has some old hardware that is not compatible with the new handles I have to remove... Before I can install the new handle... So, that is something I will need to work on... Tomorrow will be a regular message day... Sorry for the long publishing today... I'm glad to be back...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sorry you are nto feeling great....

I have a job interview on Monday...to be what is called a Family Partner,,,I would be helping other families get help they need, if they ahve a child with special needs