"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Thursday, April 10, 2008

Forgotten Thursday

I had a very long and busy day with no nap... Now I'm exhausted and had forgotten to blog... The children seem to be on a new schedule where they wake up 1-2 hours earlier then we used to... That is really making me tired before the day even begins... We went to Play Group and I had Peanut's 2-7 meeting... That is the meeting you have when your child is 2 Years and 7 Months to start the transition from Early Intervention into Public Preschool... Next month we will have the 2-9 meeting... Peanut is actually 2 years 8-1/2 months... So the 2-7 is a bit late and the 2-9 will be right on time... We also talked about Monkey... He will finish his testing and it will be decided based on scores if he should attend public preschool or go to K in the fall... I made crock pot pork today... I took a huge pork shoulder... Place it in the crock pot with cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix, medium onion quarters and separated, baby carrots, potatoes and misc seasoning my family loves... Add about 2-4 C. of water and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-6 hours until pork is done and veggies are tender... Pork should shred easily... Serve over egg noodles... I met with my doula I had with Peanut... I've decided at this birth I'm going to have two doulas and a friend... Each wonderful woman has something special to bring to this birth... I can't imagine one of them not being there... It was good to catch up with her... She had moved out of the area but moved back... We talked about my upcoming birth, SFG, Homesteading, and she set up so I could watch Business of Being Born before she left... I highly recommend this for EVERY woman whether she is in the child rearing years, passed them or has not yet entered them... It is a MUST SEE for ALL women! She also left me the DVD Baby 101 from House of Babies... My doula with Peanut and her husband are in the DVD as a couple particpating in the class... It is set up so you think you are sitting right there interacting with Shari Daniel's in person... Both were totally awesome and I so glad I had the opportunity to view them... I had wanted to purchase these informative resources but the funding wasn't available... So, I'm blessed to have such a good friend to share these with me... I helped my friend, Krisanna, design her SFG for 2008... She started late last year... So, we added some new crops... She is also adding a 2nd box to her garden this year... We are going shopping for the few supplies she needs next week... She is growing 12 different veggies and herb/spices... She will also have room for several flowers... 32 Square Feet is all her garden is taking up... SFG method is really awesome!

No comments: