"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Why Wednesday?

I have yet another ill... I have a head cold... ::sigh:: Hopefully it will go away quickly... Peanut also has it and I caught it from her who orginally caught it from Monkey but he managed to escape with just a drippy nose for a few days... So, we are just passin it around... I'm trying not to take anything but may have to tonight if I'm going to sleep... I just tossed and turned during nap time... Luckily it was my quiet day this week... I dropped off my oldest... Stopped at the grocery store for the rest of today's meal I was making before my husband woke up for work... I made Chicken Roll Ups (recipe to follow soon)... I had all the ingredients prepared and was about to fix my husband a plate and opened the drawer to discover that we were out of foil... Something that never happens... My husband is always right on top of that and makes sure all our wraps are in ample supply... He said we ran out on Sunday when we used foil for our cookout... I'm like what? I would have thought he would have picked it up... He did go to the store Monday and last night... So, I ran back out for foil... I made our meal and it was as delicious as ever... I tried to rest and then picked up our oldest... He had OT... He did so so today... At times he was wonderful and other times he fell apart so it was an up and down roller coaster session... He did behave for the most part and his reward was some time outside even though I felt awful and wanted to lay down ASAP when the OT left... He did an amazing thing... I will try to take a PIC tomorrow in between the rain drops (predicted to rain ALL day)... He put the little dividers back in my garden that he had ripped out and threw around the yard the last few months since the thickest of the snow melted... He also put back all the plant markers which he pulled up in the boxes like they are labeling what is planted there... This brought a smile to my face and warmed my heart... I told him what a good job he did and how happy I was... I gave him a big hug... Through all the bad times he does so many amazing things that make me love him more and more... They are just a tiny peek into what he could really do... I just wish I knew how to 'unlock' they say in the Autism world so he could be that way all the time... He has so much potential but something is holding him back... We haven't figured out what that is or how to remove that obstacle... I can't imagine life without him... He is truly special!

No comments: