"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Friday, April 18, 2008

Full Friday

At least the day felt full... Didn't really have much time to sit down and relax on the couch... Took my oldest to the psychiatrist this morning... Things seem to be going well so we just sat and talked and didn't make any changes... I updated on all that is happening here in regards to possible services... We go back in a week... If things are still 'stable' we will space out the visits a bit more... We stopped at Hardee's so I could grab a bit to eat... The children had a bite before we left but I was busy dressing 4 people so I didn't even have a sip of water before I left... Children snacked on the potatoes while I had a sandwich and some OJ... They changed their containers... They are like 'milk' cartons now instead of plastic cups with foil tops... Their OJ always tastes better then anything I've ever bought in the store... Even when I buy the exact brand they sell... I haven't figured that one out yet... I dropped my oldest off... I took the little ones to return some books... Every time they go they have to pick up a new book so we had a stack... We grabbed some lunch and went to the park... We had a picnic lunch and looked at the river... We stopped at the potty then played on the playground for about an hour... We then took a nice slow drive through the park and the road follows the river... It was warm and peaceful... Peanut had ST... We spent some time outside at home and then picked up my oldest... We headed over to the Pre-K building so Monkey could have some more screening done... We were there about 90 minutes... While he was 'working' we played on the playground and wondered around the building... When my oldest went to school there it was the K building... So, it was fun to walk around and look at the places he had been... A large part of the staff are ones who worked with my oldest during his Pre-K years (Mar 03 till Aug 05)... They remember me expecting Peanut and bringing her in for a visit before Summer School ended the last year he was there before he went to K... So, it was fun for them to see everyone and how much they have all grown... They will be working with Peanut in the fall... Monkey had screenings in ST and PT today... They both said he did well but didn't finish all they need to do for a full assessment and make recommendations... So we are going back again next week to do some more... He also has OT which he hasn't done and may even meet with a Pre-K teacher for some 'questions'... The preliminary reports have positive results... Which I was very pleased about... We played on the playground a bit more and headed home for a much needed nap... The evening was quiet... It was sooo warm today I had to turn the air on in the house because the house was roasting...

No comments: