"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Shopping - Frustrated!

I stopped at the library and learned our 8th Anniversary Theme is Bronze... I'm trying to figure out what and where to buy items made out of Bronze for my husband... I found some little bronze turtles I think DH would like but only online or eBay... I don't have time to wait for something to be shipped... I goofed and didn't think about how I needed to know the theme so I could shop... DUH! I also need to shop for DH's birthday which is Sunday... Eeekk!!! Not to mention Christmas for him and spend any money family sends for myself and the children... Which leads me to my frustration! I have no clue what to tell people who are buying gifts... I'm also not really sure what to buy myself either for those who just send the spending power... I spent so many months running up CC bills for things I had to have at that moment and now I just don't want to shop... Even if it is 100% paid for and no bill will be coming... I have been on a Cash only system for a while now not using my CC for anything... If I could have anything it would be a debt free Christmas but I'm too far gone for that... I can only dream of a nearly debt free tax refund... We did shop for the children's "Santa" gifts yesterday... I ran in to pick up our daughter's first doll house... That was sooo very exciting!!! DH ran in for the boys... I need to go see what he bought so I know what to buy from relatives... It is sooo easy for me to buy the children or dh all kinds of wonderful things but struggle with what I want... ::sigh:: Praying for some peace...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Joining you in that prayer for peace, Caroline. What about gift certificates for homeschool curriculum or books? or educational/history toys? or a gift certificate to your favorite thrift store?