"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Saturday, May 10, 2008

Stitches Saturday

Yes, as the title suggests not a pleasant afternoon... I took my oldest out with me and we picked up his RX (we use the pharmacy down the hall from the ER) refill for the month... We then stopped at the store for milk, juice, eggs, and cheese... All the while the weather is horrific... There was a chilly wind with a rain and sleet/snow mix falling... Very miserable to be out in... I come home to my husband in an unpleasant mood... So, I'm running around trying to fix things and the two little ones come around the corner dripping blood... My husband completely loses it... I'm like it's bad enough they are crying and dripping blood... We need to at least try to stay calm... So, over to the sink to figure out where the blood is coming from... All my husband can say is how far behind he is and he can't miss work... I managed to clean up Monkey quickly and band aid him up... Peanut wasn't so easy... I'm trying to stay calm myself, calm Peanut, clean her up so I can fix what ever is wrong and my husband's only 'help' was complaining how could this have happen and if it doesn't stop you are going to have to take her to the doctor... Of course during the whole fiasco I'm catering to the boys lunch needs, helping my husband finish making 'our' lunch, and doing what needs to be done before he heads off to work... Which I didn't even have a chance to eat till almost 4 hours later... She has too small cuts on her fingers... Managed to have one under control but the 2nd just wouldn't quit no matter what I did... I started calling for help from people I knew around town... No one is answering... My husband finally goes out the door saying well call me if there is an 'emergency' and I can't miss work... My reply was don't worry I won't call unless I'm in labor... At that point was just ready to scream... I finally reach one who is quite frazzled herself and informs me it's Confirmation at the Cathedral... I'm like no wonder no one is answering... Finally someone calls back and can take my oldest while I make a trip to the ER... So, everyone bundles up to go out in the 'lovely' weather... I'm fighting off Braxton-Hicks saying you know giving birth is the last thing I need right now! I drop off my oldest and off we go... 2.5 hours later Peanut has two stitches... I receive care instructions and have to go back next Saturday to have them removed... I put a surgical glove over her hand for the ride home... Once home I put a winter mitten on her hand to protect it and remind her not use that hand... I'm saving the glove for bath time... She can wash it but not submerge it in water for any length of time... I ate a huge homemade cheese steak sandwich (lunch) and we all were out for a much needed nap... The braxton-hicks finally disappeared... The house is a disaster (toys every where) but it is going to stay that way... I've had enough excitement for the day and don't plan on going to the hospital for a 3rd time! So, I'm going to eat a huge dinner and take a nice soak in the tub... I'm then headed to bed to call it a day...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

{{{{{{{Caroline}}}}}} I'm so sorry you had such a rough day. I'm glad Catherine's okay. Praying for a peace filled and calm Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

Caroline, you are carrying an awful lot on your shoulders. I am sorry. I'm praying for you.