"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Sunday:
I rested most of the morning and then woke up and ready just in time to leave for Mass... After Mass I relaxed with the children outside... It said it was barely 60 but it felt great outside... My husband worked on remodeling... He did some staining of the wainscoting and trim... He put another coat of primer on the wall behind the couch... He also measured the window sill to the piece that would go on there... Children were all very dirty from playing outside so they all had a very quick in and out bath before we left... We stopped for a quick bite to eat for the children and my husband... I ate at the house while they were playing... They weren't hungry when I ate but were hungry now... Next we went to Lowe's to pick up that piece he needed for window plus some more trim... He took the children in to help him while I relaxed in the van and enjoyed the lovely weather... We stopped at Walmart... I ran by myself to pick up the VERY last thing needed for baby... A coordinating receiving blanket... It is perfect! I also picked up a 3 pack of cotton hats to protect his little head... He didn't have but one or two hats... None that were the every day kind... They matched outfits... Next we went to Target... I strolled around looking at this or that while they picked out my Mother's Day gift and a card from the children... They assembled a mini personal care/hygiene kit complete with bag from the 'travel' section... I will use that in the hospital instead of packing my regular size stuff... There are a few things to pamper myself in the 'kit'... So, that was cool... We grilled out steaks, hot dogs, and cheese burgers... We talked with family on the phone... My husband took the boys recycling while Peanut stayed home with me to recover from yesterday... All the children fell asleep quickly... We watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and a rerun of Star Trek (the original) before I headed up to bed...
Monday:
Peanut had her session this morning... We talked about what happen yesterday... I took her 'protect' winter mitten (reminds her to be careful and protects from bumps) off but she didn't use her hand at all... We were saying it probably take a while even after it is healed to use her hand again... Right now she is wearing a winter glove with fingers... She seems to use her hand a bit more... I went out and ran errands in the middle of the day... I stopped at the bank to pick up lunch money for my oldest and money for library fines... I can't stand even a balance of 10 cents on my or any of the children's accounts... My husband however can have $5-7 run up and I have to nag him about paying it off... You hit a balance of $15 and they freeze your account... It's 10 cents a day for late books and 50 cents a day for late DVDs... In our house when you turn 3 you earn the responsibility of a library card and can check out your own items... So, in just a couple months Peanut will have her own card... From birth to 3 I put things on my card... Today at the library the selection was AWESOME... I picked up a lot of great stuff for myself and the children... Next I stopped at the Respite office to drop off May and June Calendars that show the hours I wished staffed... I headed home to chill a bit and the phone rings... It's the fence people... They will be there in about 30-45 minutes to set the posts... I was like wow, ok... I met the out there and we went over where I wanted what... They started working... I picked my oldest... They finished setting all the posts right around nap time... Which I was glad because I barely keeping my eyes open... They will be back in a few days once the concrete sets... How long exactly will depend on weather conditions... It was a bit sprinkly this afternoon but not really enough to make anything that wet... It was in the mid 60s today... Overall a nice day despite the fact it was overcast and looked like it may rain on you at any minute...

No comments: