"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Friday, May 9, 2008

Frustrated Friday

I'm not sure what it is but I have the nastiest attitude lately... I'm short tempered and just down right irritated most of the time... I hate it! I don't know what my problem is... I don't like feeling this way... I don't remember feeling this way before the other births either... Despite the high gas prices I took the little ones for a mini road trip on the outskirts of town just to 'get away'... I felt a bit better after that but still a tad grumpy... I ran to the PO and mailed an eBay item... I also used my coupon from JCPenney that expires tomorrow... I bought two outfits for our new little guy... Retail $30+... I payed less then $6... How awesome is that... I still haven't been able to find a receiving blanket I like and that is making me mad... Feel like a clock is ticking for me to find and buy one before he arrives... I don't like feeling like I'm 'late' or going to be 'late'... I did find the perfect 'spring' jacket while out today... I also finally found Peanut a hat... When we all go out we like to wear our various ball caps and Peanut didn't have one... Hers is baby pink with Elmo on it... She has really taken a liking to him lately even though she never watches Sesame Street... She calls him 'el yo'... ::grin:: I probably should pick up some DVDs so she can watch him on the TV or set the VCR for Sesame Street... It comes on before we wake up in the morning... I also bought wipes because we had like 4 and Peanut was stinky... My husband reply was 'well, I'm going to the store tonight after work'... I said 'I don't think so'... I'm supposed to make it 12 hours with 4 wipes... Yea right... Today I met our new respite staff... I'm really excited and they are starting soon... The gal who is going to work Fri/Sat for us said she would fill in the every other Sun till they could find someone to alternate with the other gal who is taking Sat/Sun... How awesome is that! So, all the hours I requested are FILLED!!! We will actually have 18 of the 40 hours of May staffed... I'm psyched! Tonight was the Autism Support Group meeting... We meet once a month during the 'school' year with child care provided and have a few daytime 'family' outings during the summer months like indoor pool party, picnic at the park, etc... They had a Neuropsychologist speak about recent research that has happened, current studies going on, and what is coming up in the near future... We had a bit of Q & A session... It is one of our best meetings we have had... He's been all over the country and came from UC Davis before working here at our local hospital... I wish my husband didn't have to work and could have gone... It was really phenomenal... It was refreshing to listen to and ask questions of someone who has a CLUE! While we have some awesome services considering the size of our area (90K) it helps every now and then to hear someone who is from the 'outside' talk about what is happening in rest of the country and even around the world... Makes me very optimistic about my oldest son's future... Sometimes everything seems to be falling apart and we are powerless to stop it... So, despite my unnecessary sour attitude things are on a positive note...

No comments: