"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Saturday:
We are heading into the last full week my husband has off with us... Today we worked on the garden... I planted the Hot Peppers... I have one box finished and ready for more planting and a second box that will be ready after a bit more work... My oldest is becoming increasingly aggressive... It's a holiday weekend so that has me concerned... We went to Lowe's and picked up some more trim for the living room...It is really starting to come together... Here is a picture of the North wall of the living room finished... Doesn't it look nice? ::insert photo::
I had to take Linebacker into the walk-in-clinic... It is a first come first serve doctor for non-emergency care when you can't see your regular doctor... He was bleeding near his circumcision... Everything was alright and I just need to keep it clean and put a little OTC antibiotic ointment to prevent infection and it sticking to his diaper... So, a lot of worry for nothing... Glad I had him checked any way... We have two HUGE storms headed this way that have already produced at least one tornado... So, I will have to go now...
Sunday: Today we went to Mass at the Cathedral... Our usual church cut back on their times they have Mass... It was also the first time Linebacker had been to Mass... It was great showing him off to all our friends who hadn't see him in person yet... After Mass we had the Corpus Christi Procession... It was very spiritually moving... I'm glad we stayed to participate... We went to a Potluck with our FMCHE friends... I made sloppy joes and took buns... Many more of our friends who hadn't seen Linebacker in person met him there... He was snuggled by many of the moms... Everything was going wonderful when our oldest had an incident with another child... At that point we promptly left... We had a very long and stressful night to follow... I won't be sharing any details since this is a public blog...
Monday:
I was up and gathered things for my oldest... I dropped them off and visited him... He is doing somewhat better today then he was last night... Today we went for a drive and a picnic... The children fell asleep in the van and it was freezing! My husband and I had a romantic picnic together and shivered while the children slept in the warm van... We drove home and worked more on the house... Progress is slowly moving around the room to the East and West walls...

No comments: