"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We Were Busy Today - Wednesday

Boy was today a busy day... We woke up early to take the van in for repair... It was sluggish when you take off and idling rough... You think after all that time and money I spent not to long ago (about 2 weeks from tomorrow) would have fixed the issues... Well, I guess not... So, we call up the auto guy and say we will be there in a few minutes... He says oh I won't get to it today my mechanic is out of town... Then WHY did you say bring it in today at 9... @@ So, we are like ok never mind... We call the place my friend recommended... They said sure we can take a look at it and fix it today... So, we head over there... Turns out it needed a tune up... The spark plugs are in a hard place to change so the bill was over what we paid for the double flush (transmission and coolant) and oil change... So, total repair bill for this month was close to 1K... We aren't happy with that in the least! My husband was off today and went to a Treasure Hunters Roadshow... Like Antiques Roadshow they have on PBS... They gave him a check for $3 on the spot for some broken jewelry... LOL!!! Couple other items they told him to take PICS and contact the Smithsonian... That's exciting... So, we are going to do that... One item we don't know what it is so I will share some PICS and welcome any guesses... I walked to our home parish... My husband had taken Monkey with him to the antique show thing... My oldest was with respite staff having a blast at the local children's museum... So, I put linebacker in the sling and help peanuts hand and we walked 8 blocks... It felt good for the walk and I wasn't tried at all... So, I'm in pretty good shape... We were all warm and needed a good drink of water when we arrived... I packed water bottles and I added ice to give them a good chill... I'm sure we were quite the traveling attraction... Peanut skipping along holding on the sling ring... Me wearing a sling with Linebacker and a backpack type diaper bag... I had a meeting with Sister... She hadn't met Linebacker since we aren't attending Mass there currently and we talked about things are going with our family... ST came to the church and had ST with Peanut... She did well today despite change of location... I had planned for her to be home with daddy while I was at church meeting with Sister... I told my husband if he finished before a certain time I'd like to be picked up vs walking all the way back home... He was... So, we had a nice ride home... We arrived home just in time for me to leave with Monkey, Peanut and Linebacker to the Barber appointment for Monkey and Peanut... Monkey had an all over cut and the Barber was kind enough to trim up Peanut's bangs again... Two hair cuts $16 (including tip)... Sure can't beat that! Especially considering what 'salons' charge... After that was done it was time to pick up the van... We did that... I filled the tank and did a quick shop at Walmart... They finally had my dry erase markers in stock... I picked up two packs... They also had an awesome 'reading' light that clips on your book... I picked up a frame for Linebackers 7 week photo... We are going to hang them up soon... I didn't want to hang the other children's 7 week photos till Linebackers was ready... I stopped to see my friend who had Twins on Monday... She was doing much better today... A ate while I was there and S was setting in to eat when I left... Linebacker decided since the twins were eating he needed to eat too... On the way home I stopped at the grocery store for milk, juice, eggs and cheese... I spent the evening catching up in email and IM with friends... Now I hope to type up some of these recipes I've 'promised'... Wish me luck!

No comments: