"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thrifty Tuesday

Let's see if I can remember what happened... It was only yesterday... LOL!! I headed out the door to run some errands... I stopped at the Y and applied for a scholarship... So, that is all started up again... Next I stopped at a friends house to pick up the homeschooling materials I ordered... We ordered together to save on shipping... I also picked up her sisters items since we live two block apart and I was planning a visit that afternoon... Next I stopped at the library and dropped off some DVDs... I picked up the next two DVDs in the Walton Series... While at the library I saw the 'Librarian' those of us in FMCHE will know what I mean... ::smirk:: We joked a bit... I also picked up a business card size advertisements for Book Mooch... I really need to try this out... I stopped at the bank to take out some cash and went Thrift Shopping... I found a Taste of Home mini book... It is part of the Light and Tasty Series... I'm really into Taste of Home lately... Thanks, Michelle for the suggestion to check them out and the tip to pick up the books 2nd hand vs buying new... Some of the recipes I will be sharing shortly are Taste of Home... They were also having a $0.50 clothing sale... I found the most beautiful skirt for fall... I can't wait to wear it once cooler weather arrives... I found an antiques book for my husband for only $0.25... I stopped at the store to pick up what I needed make the new 'French' recipe I found... I arrived home and ready the children to leave... We spent part of the afternoon at my friend who is expecting twins... We filled out a Y form for her... We had a nice chat... I worked on making French Style Chicken and Broccoli Casserole for her family and mine... It turned out delicious... I did a bit of laundry... I didn't make it around to much more... I unloaded the dishwasher but didn't load it and the house needs to be vacuumed before therapy tomorrow...

1 comment:

Janette said...

Sounds like a busy day. You are a good friend (want to be my neighbor?) I'll be looking up websites all year for my class-you might drop by!
I enjoy your thoughts. It is like chatting with a frind at the table:>)