"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sleepless Saturday?

I'm truly exhausted and after you read what all happened today YOU will be exhausted... Here I go... I made it into bed at 2 AM (will explain in Friday's Post)... I mixed up the coffee cake (double recipe, will share later) and put it in the fridge then headed to bed... I set my alarm for 6 AM... The county had a school supply drive that I went to pick up supplies for my oldest... I was done and able to attend 8 AM Mass at the Cathedral... Happy First Saturday! I arrived home at 9 AM and tried to cat nap... The children were too active so I rolled off the couch at 10:30 AM... I decided to take a hot soak in the tub to soothe my tired body... I then relaxed in front of the computer... My husband said wake him at 11:25 AM so I could leave to run errands and then attend the La Leche League World Breastfeeding Week Potluck... Next thing I know I look at the computer clock and it's 11:30 AM... I was supposed to put the coffee cake in at 11! So, I rush in the kitchen and start the oven heating... I then rush around readying myself so I can leave the house... I call and chat with a friend to see if she is going... She can't decide... She asked if I could pick up some nursing tops to give away while I'm out running errands... I said sure! So, I'm ready and Linebacker is ready and we head out the door... I stop for a quick visit with my friend and she decides she will go and hopefully we will catch each other there... I head across town to the mall... I was in a rush at the eye doctors on Tuesday and my chain I wear with my confirmation crucifix caught in the stroller when I was packing it in the back of the van and 'broke' it... They are going to put a different type of clasp on and soder the 'loop' shut so it can't open like the old clasp... Hence the 'broke'... I'm glad the actual chain didn't break like the last one that caught on the chain link fence while I was helping one of the children last summer... I paid my husband's Sears bill and headed home... I rush around and out the door I head with the 3 little ones to the LLL Potluck... We arrive just before 1 PM... I hang out a bit and up walks my friend... I say good bye and head home so my husband can shower and go to work... I decide since I only spent a brief moment at the Potluck to head back over and see if they are still there and hang out more after the Respite staff for my oldest arrives... The gal arrives and back out we go... We arrived just after 2 PM... We chatted and had a great time until 4 PM... I head home for a much needed NAP! I call and check on my friend who is expecting twins #7 & #8... If you could say a quick prayer for her and her little blessing that would be great... She is going to deliver soon... I told her to have her sister call me day or night to let me know they arrived... I think about her and her little fellas (US said twin boys) often through out my day... My nap plans were foiled by being so tired it was difficult to fall asleep and a raging thunderstorm... I finally gave up and do some things around the house... It looked like a tornado ran through our home... After everything was all picked up I fed the children and myself... I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and started it running... I now need to start the 'laundry train' going again as I call it... So, I'm off to fold whites and toss the colors into the dryer to dry... Then I have to put nursing and Linebacker's stuff in the washer... I'm almost out of washable 'mommy milk circles' as my children call them (nursing pads)... They call my bra a 'mommy milk circle holder'... LOL!! They crack me up... Linebacker loves his mommy milk... Out of the mouth of babes! Are you tired now? ::smirk::

1 comment:

Amy said...

So did the coffee cake get done?! You've earned the right to put your feet up for at least a few minutes. Hope your Sunday was one of rest.

(I found you when I was searching for Catholic bloggers).