"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thifty Thursday Continues

Today I ran out and picked up milk and juice... I stopped at my friends house to drop off a video I keep forgetting to take with me when I visit... I also picked up my empty dish... They enjoyed my casserole... I then headed across town to pick up the locks I need... They were on clearance so I bought all 6 they had... I installed them this afternoon and talked to the children about them... My oldest wasn't too happy but took the installation better then I thought he would... No major aggressive/explosive meltdown... Our Thursday night respite worker quit so the fun outing at the Softball Game was canceled... ::sigh:: I had looked forward to this for almost a week to spend the evening with my FMCHE friends... On the brighter side my CCM friends are meeting at the park soon and a lot of my FMCHE friends are also apart of CCM... So, I am looking forward to that now! After I picked up locks I went to an out of way Thrift Shop we rarely visit because they close early on Saturdays (our major thrift shop shopping day)... They had books $2 a bag and I picked up a few for myself and the children and a few that could be good to mooch... My 'treasures' of the stop was a 1999 Taste of Home Quick Cooking Annual Hardcover book and a gorgeous skirt... I was VERY pleased... I couldn't find the magazine section... Not sure they have one... They had tons of books and I only looked at part of them because of time... I arrived home just as the ST had arrived... She saw both Monkey and Peanut today again to make up the time she will be away for the wedding...

My friend Michelle does a 'Gem' of the day on her blog or something called similar to that... Our Gem today would have been from exchange that took place between Peanut and her daddy...

Daddy: "Why do you have the sugar out? I'm the only one who takes the sugar out (for cereal)..."
Peanut: "buh, I lie et..." (but, I like it)

I couldn't help but laugh (to myself) at her comment... I guess that is all for day... I finished one side of the two side Walton disc... I need to move laundry around and dishes... Maybe pick up a bit so we can walk in here... So, I will have to call it a night and go back to 'work'...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Caroline, I'm so sorry to hear the respite worker quit and on such short notice. :(

What a thrill to find a good cookbook and skirt too.

Love your *gem of the day.* :)