"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thankful to be Blogging Again - Thursday

Things have been mostly good... Engineer is doing well (photos below)... The other children are doing well also... Linebacker has a bit of the sniffles but with the weather/season change that is expected...

Monkey and Peanut had well check ups... They are doing good... Peanut is on the small side (20s %) but healthy... Monkey is right on for the average (50s %)... Nothing too exciting... We declined the H1N1 vaccine and seasonal flu vaccine...
We had some reworking of our finances but looks like we will make it financially with God's graces to our goal of February (tax refund)... God willing we might be better off then we have been in a long time... September to February is our hardest part of the year financially...
I'm looking forward to the holidays with much optimism... I praying for a different kind of holiday where we focus on the true meaning vs the societal/commercial views of the holiday...

I'm still working on my self improvement plan of taking care of myself... No more burning the candle at both ends...

Goal 1: Sleep 8-10 Hours a night with the rare exception of less...
Goal 2: Eat 3 meals and 1 snack at regular intervals not all in 1 hour in the late afternoon/evening...
Goal 3: Have 20 minutes of uninterrupted of alone time every day...
Goal 4: Take care of personal needs daily or every other day...
Goal 5: Remember I am a person and deserve all the above the same as anyone else in this family....
I will update and change the goals when goals are accomplished and well established as habits...

Engineer had a psych appointment and introduced his new staff to Dr. F... It went well... Dr. F. is excited to work with the staff and together as a team help Engineer...
I didn't do all I wanted today but the weather is icky... Rainy and very chilly... I think staying home was the best option... Hopefully I can squeeze my tasks into my already stuffed Friday tomorrow... I've been doing a ton of laundry... Fell a bit behind this week but picked up on other things like unloading, loading, and running the dishwasher by 8-9 PM instead of turning it on at 1-3 AM and heading off to bed... I loved to be quilting today but my sewing desk is in the perfect location and height to be a catch all... I cleaned it off today...
Before:
Sometimes when you are cleaning you should never ask yourself "I wonder what is behind X?" You may not like the answer.... LOL...
Behind:
Not too bad right? Could have been worse... See that brown paper bag? That's my brother's birthday present... Purchased 4th July weekend while we were at the Teddy Roosevelt National Park... His Birthday's the 8th of July... I'm mailing in a few days... Opps... At least I found it... I tore the house apart a few times in search of it and never found it... Now I know why... ::smirk::
After:
Like my new 'lamp'... Birthday present... Gives just a little bit more light on my working surface... There is a 'room' light but it casts shadows since it is a chandelier behind me...
Also, for my birthday I picked up this because I thought oh that's kind of neat... What do you think I should use it for? Leave me a note in my comments section... Thanks! (Size: 10-1/2" square)
Closed:
Open:
As promised recent PICS of Engineer:
Last Group Photo Taken:

2 comments:

Suzie L. said...

This is a great post from you, Caroline. One can just tell from what you write that 'things' are falling into place and you are taking care of you a little better. Love the before & after shots.

IMHO, I'd use the fabric box for sewing projects. If they are in sight, you get to them faster. Of course, the four similar boxes we have store winter hats/gloves/scarves for the kids. They'll soon be seeing much more use!

Laura said...

Caroline - so glad to hear how things are going! I have to say, I'm a sucker for Before/After pictures, and the desk shots were GREAT!
I have two cloth boxes like yours, and I originally thought I'd put the boys homeschool stuff in them, which I kind of do -- but these boxes are now more for art supplies that they can get out and use whenever. I go through them once every week or so to save some art, and 'repurpose' or 'recycle' ;-) the rest.

Oh, and I would be interested in the S. Dakota meatloaf recipe from your list -- sounds interesting! I'm wondering what makes it SOuth Dakota, as opposed to North! ;-)
God bless, Laura