"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tasty Thursday - SD Meatloaf Recipe

Since I forgot to post something Tasty on Tuesday and need to go back into the swing of sharing recipes... I thought I'd throw it out on Thursday because I don't have much to write about other wise... Next week Tasty will be on Tuesday with hopes that Thursdays can be Thankful again... ::grin:: We will see how that all goes when we come to it... Engineer had his dental visits this morning with his staff... He did well... They are waiting for his baby teeth to fall out, and his molars to come then we will schedule another sedation dental visit at the hospital so they can clean, x-rays, sealants, etc... He also had his late (we switched drs this year) 9 year well check with staff there... He recieved a seasonal flu shot... It is part of their policy... I don't agree with it... It will be interesting to see what his reaction is if any to it... I wonder how much mercury the current flu shots have in them... So, everyone has been introduced for future appointments... Peanut had ST today... She is doing so well... She's working on F and S sounds... I spent a good part of the day hunting for a remote... They need to put tracking devices on these things... ::smirk:: I can't seem to find it any where... I have the Notebook (yes i know I'm so 'outdated) which I have never seen but people keep talking about how 'great' it is so I'm watching it... ::grin:: I also have Ladder 49... I'm very excited to see that... Off to watch netflix... Enjoy the recipe...

South Dakota Meatloaf (never made this before till this month)
by Best of Taste Of Home 2009

1 Egg
1/3 C. Evaporated Milk
3/4 C. Quick-Cooking Oats
1/4 C. Chopped, Onion
2 T. Worcestershire Sauce (I never buy this and just use Steak Sauce)
1 t. Salt (I always leave this out unless baking)
1/2 t. Rubbed Sage
1/8 t. Pepper
1-1/2 Lb Ground Beef (I will use 2 lbs so it will hopefully last 2 days)
1/4 C. Ketchup

1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture, and mix well. Press into an un greased 8" x 4" loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1-1/4 hours; drain.
2. Drizzle with ketchup; bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.

Yield: 6 Servings

Comments:
Lauree Buus - Rapid City, SD
"I've tried other versions of meat loaf, but I always end up coming back to this one. It's based on my mother's traditional recipe."

No comments: