"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Monday, June 8, 2009

Much Time Away - Monday

I really needed to take some time away... Things have been up and down here... I'm struggling with many things right now... I'm still trying to sort through them... My oldest, monkey and peanut are all done with school... Linebacker had his first birthday and is doing well... He is currently learning to walk while wearing shoes... He has always been barefoot and only walked indoors... Now that the weather is warming up a bit he is spending more time out back and needs the proper foot protection... He really enjoys exploring the backyard... He toddles around and checks every thing out... He recieved a swing for his birthday and he loves swinging with the breeze blowing... My garden hasn't gone so well this year... Linebacker was born mid-gardening season last year... The year ended well but I didn't do any end of the season prep before the snow came... We placed a lock on the gate... We didn't find the key till a week before Memorial day... The key (along with a whole group of others) was lost last Tues and we haven't been able to find it... Right now we have to do decide whether to keep looking for the missing key(s) or just cut the lock off and start over... We also added some 'compost' that wasn't right or something and the soil consistentcy is a mess now... I will probably have to empty each of my boxes completely and start over again... It makes me angry and I haven't even gone at to look at the garden in days... Remember when our kitchen leaked in February and the insurance company refused to do anything about it... We had the roof repaired in May... About 10 days ago or more we put up green board to replace the 'tile' ceiling... We are also in the process of staining our stair railing... The installer left it unfinished... We sanded it down and prepared it for stain... We are now staining it piece by piece... Each spindle has to be removed and stained the put back... We can only do a few at a time... We have 6 done and 6 more to go... We are still working here in the computer room as well with dry walling... We need to sand it down and put another coat of mud on... Hopefully it will be ready for primer then... I'm making a lasagna for a friend today who had surgery today... Today has been a pretty typical day... I picked up my oldest meds from the pharmacy... Stopped at the cathedral and registered for CCD for the fall... I went to the hardware store and picked up some more door keys (the little tuna can lookin' key) and a light bulb for the vent hood over the stove... I picked up the Italian link sausage I forgot yesterday that I need for the lasagna... This was all precedded and followed by the usual laundry, pick up, meals for the children, etc... I'm hoping to be posting regularly again now... I also spoke with a friend about my thoughts on discontinuing homeschooling completely...

3 comments:

Suzie L. said...

Just wanted to let you know that you have time for the garden, still. I haven't planted everything and I'm not worried. I have planted as later as June 15-20 and still gotten a good crop in the fall. Sometimes, that's in God's plan.... St. Anthony, St. Anthony, please find the keys!!

As for the homeschooling, you need to do what is right for your family. You have a ton of commitments with just the health/physical well-being of your children (the appts you juggle would stress most others beyond being able to think about just getting the basics done). You can do a lot of fun things with your kids that are like homeschool, but let a ps do the bulk. You have choices, Caroline. We both have a mutual friend, Michelle B., who does this. You should talk to her about what she does, if you are so inclined. However, if it's too much, don't feel bad about letting it go.

Again, I'm glad to see you posting. Take care...

Unknown said...

Great to see you back Caroline! Homeschooling works out great for some families, (even here in Australia). I seriously considered it for my younger kids as one has a learning problem, but was talked out of it by our paediatrician. Now, when I see them loving year one and how much they are learning I am grateful that I didn't. However, we are very lucky in that we live directly opposite a small school that is very caring. I love to volunteer there on a regular basis and that way I still feel involved with their learning. Never feel guilty about not homeschooling, it is a huge committment!! Megan West Australia

Renee said...

Caroline,
I know you will make the best decision for you and your family at this season of your life. I have never even attempted a garden for lack of a green thumb