"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Friday, June 19, 2009

Flurry of Activity Friday

Today has been a crazy busy day... The morning started early with a call from our Disabilities Case Manager... The word for my oldest is the opening will be coming available soon and that his application is on file... Just a waiting game now... After that it was a pretty quiet morning with things picking up just before the noon hour... I chatted online with a friend for a bit then cooked breakfast... After that we were off and running... My husband run out for a few errands... Next it was remodeling... It ran later then my husband had said it would... Finally I said I have stuff I need to do and ran out to do it... I went to the local Catholic bookstore... I picked up the children some items using their gift certificates they won for reading lots during CCD... They have several new books and a 'quiet time' tote for during Mass... Next I headed to Walmart and returned 5 things that were either too small or just impractical for our family... I ran in Sam's to see if they had Linebacker's 'milk'... They don't carry the children's version only the adult... So, I went back to Walmart and shopped till I drop... I bought 4 - 6 pks of his 'milk' bleach, fabric (hey a girl has to treat her self every now and then), a retractable clothes line and 100 clothes pins (now where to hang it), a ball for Linebacker to play with in the back yard, 2 classic board cames in HARD plastic boxes vs those the old school cardboard ones that always rip and bent up right away, cooking magazine and several items for Peanuts birthday coming up in just a few short weeks... Next I went to the mall and bought a $50 dress for $2.12... Aren't I a savvy shopper... It's for our camping trip... I ran into my fav 2nd hand store but they didn't have anything that would work for our camping trip... I remember where I saw what I was looking for and it was at Kmart so next I headed there... I picked up two of the dresses I was looking for, an apron, another cookbook, and some covers... I plan to ask a friend of mine some advice on covering... She uses the basic scarf type cover with bobbie pins... I think I will start with that route and see how it goes... It was good to have some time alone and pick up some much needed things... We grilled out burgers, sausages and hot dogs for dinner...

No comments: