"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time To Run Errands Tuesday

Today was 1st of the month errand day... I dropped off the children... Linebacker and I made our rounds... I dropped paper work off for a 6 month review and headed to the Property Tax office/county treasurer to pick up our reimbursement... Last year you just handed them a piece of paper and waited/hoped for it to come in the mail... This year I waited a couple of minutes and she handed me a check... Woo hoo!!! Now for our tax refund to come in a few days (yes, we already filed ::smirk::)... We will "never be broke again" a famous saying my husband uses... The good news is I will go from 7 debts to 4 after tax refund arrives... How awesome is that?!?! After Treasure's office I headed further into downtown to fill my oldest monthly prescriptions... I headed south to our repair man... He took a look at a few things we are fixing again after the refund arrives... He wrote down what he needs and we have an appointment set up for my husband's next day off during the week...To the PO was my next stop to ask questions and buy 'forever' stamps... Don't forget the price is going up again on stamps only after Mother's Day... A lady who I sold eye shadow to on eBay bought me out... So, I have NO MARY KAY in my house except a few outdated compact which you can't even give away for $0.99 and FREE shipping on eBay... To think I sold these to people for $16 + tax before the 'restyled' them and made them obsolete... ::eye roll:: So, I've paid off my debt from that mistake and removed all inventory from my home... VERY GOOD FEELING!!! I paid our car insurance (we are on the monthly payment plan). I tried to figure out how best to pack up my buy out... I chatted with my husband briefly before I left to pick up Peanut and he headed to his bi-yearly dental appointment... On the way home Peanut, Linebacker and I stopped at the bank to deposit the Property Tax Refund... After returning home Peanut drew on a note pad while Linebacker played at my feet... I was busy using up the rest of the crab meat I used to make Crab Stuffed Mushrooms into Crab Cakes (Mr. Food recipe)... They turned out DELICIOUS! My husband returned just as I finished the cooking of the last cake... We sat down and enjoyed lunch together before he headed to work... I took a much needed nap then headed out to pick up the boys... I figured out how to ship the buy out for the price I quoted... That was a relief... It was looking like I was going to be off by $2-4 and not in my favor... After the PayPal payment arrives, out it ships gone forever... Time for dinner... I'm going to make more Jalapeno Poppers (Pampered Chef Recipe) and Tater Skins (Taste Of Home Recipe) tonight... Hopefully catch up on dishes and laundry... Wish me luck... ::grin::

2 comments:

Suzie L. said...

That is such a great feeling to get debt paid off. My hubbie & I have different philosophies about debt - I prefer none! He believes, and probably rightly so, that we need it for creating a good balance sheet and credit. I'll admit that in farming a line of credit is essential.
Unfortunately, preparing our taxes in now WAY above my skill level, so ours are not done until the 'tax lady' has time to meet (late March). She does appreciate all my prep work, though I haven't seen that lower the cost of having our taxes prepared by a third party! I'm so glad to see you on the computer again - there is something normal to it.

Renee said...

Jalapeno poppers? mmmm...mmmm... are they nice and spicy? Care to share the recipe