"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

Happy Ash Wednesday... I don't know why we have Ash Wednesday... I just know we fast, don't eat meat and go to Mass to have a cross of Ashes put on our forehead... I will have to do some research as to the whys of Ash Wednesday... I welcome my readers to share their resources... I'm always learning new things as a convert... The children colored some Ash Wednesday print outs (photo to come)... I picked up a veggie pizza which the children revolted and refused to eat... I gave it to a friend and her family of 10... We had plain ole boring cheese only pizza for dinner instead... I guess I will know better next time... I have Mac & Cheese scheduled for the children on our first meatless Friday... Peanut had ST this morning... I tried to rest this afternoon but the Schwan's man came and knocked on my door... ::smirk:: I flipped through the new catalog and saw several items I'd like him to bring when he comes again... Nothing for today... I'm still fighting off various ills... I'm going to rest and watch my newest to arrive movie Kit Kittredge... She's an American Girl for those who don't know... I've seen Molly, Samantha and Felicity's movies... I'm not sure if Chrissa's movie is available through netflix or not yet... I will have to do a search... I wish I could go to sleep but the tub is clogged (read hair cuts on Sunday) and I'm waiting for my husband to unearth the snake where ever he put it so I can unclog it... Maybe tomorrow I will have some good rest time... We will see...

2 comments:

RAnn said...

Caroline, I have a post with all sorts of Lenten activities for kids.
http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com

Suzie L. said...

Hi, Caroline. I sent you an email link about Ash Wednesday. I checked in my favorite Lent resources and wasn't happy with the explanation - too simple - probably because they are kid oriented books. I don't have all my Lent stuff out, yet. That's another day...

We've watched Chrissa. It was a good movie, but hard to watch at times - it's about bullying. We haven't watched all the others, yet. We joined Netflix, too and have been enjoying the ease of use. We don't care if the movie is old - it usually took us a couple months to rent a 'new' release anyway.