"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Monday, March 23, 2009

More Water - Monday

So, what do you think of my backyard? This isn't flooding from the river... This is what happens when the snow first melts... Lovely huh?
My oldest is having a good time... The tops of his feet are completely covered... He wears a Men's size 6... He's wearing his 'mud boots'... They are just pretty much the standard issue farm boots... Solid black w/ the orange soles...
Here he is building his own 'levee' to hold back the water...
Today was a quiet day... I made a chicken, noodle dish for dinner... I also baked more cookies... This time I made Monster cookies... I scrubbed the fridge... I chatted with a friend on the phone... I started and finish the Walton's Season 3 Disc 1... I have many errands to run tomorrow... I will be dropping in the box... I'm excited for the next disc... This one only had two episodes... It seems like there was no time inbetween when I finished the 2nd season (library has that) and started this 3rd season... I dream about my own large family living out on the mountain some where like the Waltons do... I can't wait to go back to a slower time and move away from all this go, go, go and technology... I did several more loads of laundry today... I'm looking forward to empty baskets and filled drawers... Off to fold mine and Linebacker's... I wish mine with baby when I'm nursing and use a gentler 'baby' type laundry soap... No dreft! I don't like the way that stuff scented at all... We used Ivory snow for years too... I grew to not like that scent either... I'm all about no perfumes and no dyes now... Today I struggled with eating enough grains... Otherwise I did quite well...

My eating day went as (recommended in parenthesis):
Grains 8-1/2 oz (10 oz)
Fruits 2-1/2 C. (2-1/2 C.)
Veggies 3-1/2 C. (3-1/2 C.)
Milk 3-3/4 C. (3 C.)
Meat/Beans 8 oz (7 oz)

I could use some prayers for Linebacker and I tomorrow morning... Thank you...

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Prayers for you and LB! Everything alright? Hope all is well :)
Kristi

Anonymous said...

Prayers heading your way for the two of you. I hope that things work out the way you want them to.

As for moving to the country...things are what you make of them no mater when you live. We have lived in a large city and in a small town. Things are really no different in the small town than in the city with the exception of having more "country" (grass, trees etc.). Technology is the same if not even more present because of the distance we now travel to the store, things have to be planned out more now than when we lived in the city because have to drive further to get to so many places. After living in the city for 10 years and now the country for 5 I've come to the conclusion that where you live and how you live is what you make it. If you don't want the technology in your life now than get rid of it....it will follow you to the country. I promise.

Caroline said...

I can agree with you Anonymous... We use very little 'modern' techonology... However it's hard to avoid it in the city... I step out on my front door step to someone flying down the street on their cell phone... I want to see more grass and less autos... Only go into the city when I need something I can't make myself... We are limited on what we can do here because first we live in city limits (laws) and second limited land space... Our lot is only 75 by 150... You can't exactly have a couple cows, pigs, chickens, horses, berry orchards, etc... What I mean by country is homesteading at our fullest... We do a lot of 'homesteading' things like canning, gardening and such... It is all very small scale due to space contraints...