"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Friday, March 13, 2009

Free Friday

After talking to my good friend and mentor Michelle (she is really awesome and I admire her greatly) last night I decided to make some changes in my life... I know I posted a while back about a full plate... I made the positive step forward of emptying things off my plate... However I made the negative step forward of just filling those places with other harder to recognized comments because they were not routine but sporadic in nature... I became even more over worked then before... I've another change... I'm going to take one day for myself a week... Right now it's just about 2 hours in the morning but I hope to expand it to a longer time... I won't be spending these days catching up on housekeeping, grocery shopping, or running to appointments... It is about time for ME... I also changed some other things in my life like going to bed and when I take a shower... Since it's Winter can't take one in the morning before the children wake up because my hair would freeze... I don't own a blow dryer so that's not an option... I do enjoy a nice shower when my hair won't freeze... Good way to help you wake up... I'm also making an effort to remember to take my vitamin and eat 3 healthy well balanced meals in a day... Does anyone have any links with print outs where I can write down what I ate so I know I know if I had all my servings of each of the food groups? I thought about looking on a diet set I won't be using it to lose weight but I'm sure they might have that sort of thing.. Any input would be helpful...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good for you for taking steps for doing things for you....we all need to do that!

Suzie L. said...

The spreadsheet on this web page is great! It's associated with the Bradley Method of Childbirth, which focuses on nutrition. While it's meant to be used during pregnancy, it has everything you asked for - portions, servings of each group, etc. It's in excel, so hopefully that's not a problem. Check it out!

http://www.bradleybirth.com/PD.aspx