"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wordy Wednesday

Well, I was going to start off my blog with just a photo and call it Wordless Wednesday but I can't do that... Maybe next week I can do a Wordless Wednesday once I'm back and given everyone and update of all that has happened since my last post (in APRIL! ::blush::)...

Well, the boys are here! I'm still working on 'nicknames' so right now they are going to be Baby A and Baby B... Feel free to leave a nickname in the comment section... I'm not sure if I want them related or have a team/twin/duo theme or not... I'm considering calling Baby A QB (or Quarterback) following the 'football' theme after Linebacker but can't think of a good 'football' theme name for Baby B... Only names so far for him are names I don't want him to live with the rest of his life like Chunky and Fat Cheeks... ::sigh::

For all that don't know... They arrived at 35 wks and 4 days gestation... Baby A - 5 lbs 2 oz and 17-1/2" was born all natural (no meds) vaginal birth (didn't even tear!)... Baby B - 5 lbs 10-1/2 oz and 18-3/4" had a prolapsed cord and face presentation... He was born via emergency c-section w/ vertical incision, 26 staples and me put under (asleep)... I'm not sure if they would have knocked me out if I already had the epidural in... However I deliver mine med free (no plans to change that in the future)... Just something to wonder about... Baby B spent 10 days in the NICU because he wasn't able to suck (very bruised face) to nurse or suck on a bottle and was tube fed (up nose, down throat) for the first 8 days of his life... Baby A was discharged when I was and roomed in during our hospital stay (standard 4 days, 3 nights) ... He is fully nursed... Baby B is formula; bottle fed but I'm trying to convert him over to nursing... It is slow going... I'm doing well... C-section (my first) was quite something new to recover from... I still look at my incision/scar and wonder if I will ever be "normal" again... I told my husband the other night "at least I'm looking less Frankensteinish"... ::smirk::

As for the rest of the family... My husband just had his 10 year anniversary of working at his job... WTG Hubby!!! That is a quite a milestone in today economy... Engineer is 10 and in the 5th grade... He is doing great in his program and we spend every Saturday together just the two (plus Baby A) of us... Monkey is 7 and in the 2nd grade... He is attending a new school and loving it! Smaller class size and none of the tension between us and the staff like at his old school... Peanut is FIVE (July Birthday) and in Kindergarten... She is attending the same school as Monkey and having a wonderful start to her first year of school... Kindergarten is all day here... They ride the bus together, eat breakfast together, then Monkey walks Peanut to her class (2 doors down from his)... At the end of the day Monkey picks her up from her classroom, they walk together and ride the bus home... We are in the middle of our first school fundraiser... So, if anyone is interested in a Butter Braid for $10... Send me an email... They are only available for purchase through fundraisers... Our deadline is Sept 15th... Linebacker is TWO (May Birthday) and at home with me and our almost 2 month old TWINS! Check the column on the right for updated photos of my crew...

I guess this is a good jump start to my blog... I am going to be writing regularly again Monday - Saturday... I look forward to reconnecting with all my readers... I look forward to your comments and questions...

PS: LOTS of PHOTOS to come... Tomorrow is my 31st BIRTHDAY!!! WOOO HOOOO....

2 comments:

Suzie L. said...

QB & NB (for nickel back - you are right the rest are just a little too odd for a nickname!) or go with team names ... Viking, Charger, Packer, etc.

Hope all is going well. The kids look well & sounds like they're enjoying school.

Amy S. said...

Caroline...I love your blog...so happy that you have decided to start blogging again..maybe it will push me to continue me to do so. I got lazy like so many when we started Facebook. I really miss it!

Love and Hugs...and can't wait to visit again!