"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

'New Year' Resolutions

My birthday is tomorrow... I always do my 'new year's resolutions' around this time of year when I start a 'new birthday year'... Here are my top 10 things I want to work on during my 'new birthday year'...

1. Give Up Sodas, so I can lose weight...
2. Eat Better, I've been known to almost on a daily basis not to drink (not even water) or eat for 8-10 hours after waking for the day... Ex: I wake at 7 AM and take my first drink/food at 3-4 PM...
3. Drink More Ice Tea (low fat and help keep me hydrated), I hope to eventually cut back on this and replace it mostly with 8 - 8 oz glasses of water...
4. Pay Down My Debt and NOT run it back up again...
5. Take a Parenting Class (actually go!) Signed Up for 15 Wk Course, starts tomorrow...
6. Read FIVE Books that I bought because I 'had' to have them even though it ran up my Debt...
7. Go Walking 3 Times Weekly with the Trio because I will lose weight and it is good for me!
8. Pray Wednesdays at the Abortion Clinic (weather permitting for the Trio)...
9. Create and Follow A Take Care of ME Routine...
10. Pray A Daily Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet

I will update throughout the coming year to let you all know how I'm doing... Pray for me... Thank you...

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Great idea to do the resolutions on your birthday. Good luck with them.

Kristi said...

LOve the list C and Happy Birthday!!!
I never realized how much Will and AJ look alike! It's amazing!
And yes, you need to take better care of yourself! Start by drinking the iced tea (I'm assuming sweetened?) and then "cut it" like you would your kids' juice, half and half (water) and then move on to water! I love water and don't feel like my thirst is quenched drinking anything else now :)
Kristi

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!!!

Renee said...

Neat time of year to start anew.....

Do you drink unsweet tea? if not, it's probably not much less calories than soda

Caroline said...

I drink sweet tea but it is very light... Almost unsweet...

My children drink 4-6 oz of full strength 100% juice (usually apple) then after that is gone they drink plain tap water... We don't water it down...

Cristie said...

Birthday resolutions are a great idea!! I brew my own iced tea and put honey and lemon in it. Occasionally a mint leaf. Much healthier that way. I can't even drink sweetened tea anymore! I am also trying to say the rosary every day. We have it on CD and I listen to it in the car whenever I have to drive Cassidy to school.