"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Friday, November 7, 2008

Struggles

I'm really struggling with a few things here... I'm having that outsider/alone feeling again... My friends and I seem to have less in common now... I'm not sure how to feel/handle that... Hopefully the big mess that exploded mid-August will be over with before the next 'meeting' on Wednesday... We will see... I cleaned off my plate with 'outside' activities yet feel like I'm still overwhelmed and can't accomplish anything... Which isn't logical at all... I despise illogical things! I'm just confused and not sure which way to go or who to talk to in able to sort things out... I just know things are in need of changing but unsure as to how to change them... I'm not sure if I updated but Linebacker is now 13 lbs and 7 oz... I took Monkey to a Dino event at the library... He really enjoyed that... Things are going well with all the children's regular schooling... I can't say so much for their religious education... It's really difficult for me as a convert to grasp it and complete the activities... Either I wasn't absorbing said material in RCIA or they just didn't teach it... Your guess is as good as mine... I'd appreciate prayers... Thank you...

4 comments:

Toni said...

You have my prayers, Caroline!!

Michelle said...

Caroline, I can understand your feelings. When our family grew through adoption and having special needs children, I felt much like you do now. Still do but I'm okay with it now. It took time. In the meantime, I recommend lots of prayer, continue making yourself available to new and old friendships. You never know that your life/experiences may help put someone else's life into proper perspective. Also, consider spiritual direction. It has been a huge blessing! I'll be continuing to pray for you.

Suzie L. said...

I don't think you are alone in this feeling, Caroline. It's Fall & transitioning to Winter . . . I think that's a common feeling this time of year because we all need to 'hunker' down a bit and we tend to stay home more - a little more isolated, really.

I was having a really hard time when my oldest was about 8 (a different kind of hard time - more about juggling it all and getting it to fit - like what you've been referring to in your posts), and I remember a couple of moms with older kids saying to me, "The hardest time is when your kids are this age and younger - don't worry it'll get better." It did get better - I don't have that kind of struggle anymore! Sometimes it's just hard to see beyond - have faith.

As for the RCIA, it's very possible it wasn't taught. Eric went through RCIA, as well, and it was NOT thorough. However, FF is very flexible. Don't feel like you have to do everything in the packets. We seldom get to the games & crafts, unless I work them into our school plans. However, I'm also teaching religion with the Baltimore Catechism, so FF is more social and fun for our kids. Ask how others structure their lessons - you'll see that everyone is different.

Anonymous said...

Caroline ... what jumps out to me in your entry is feeling like cutting out outside activities should have helped but it hasn't. I hear you!!! I have learned I have to maintain especially my Mom Time activities (like CCM or Mom's Night) as much as I can because while it takes away from the schedule, I get something out of it too ... It's refreshing, food for the journey, so to speak.

As for the rel ed stuff ... well, I'm still learning so I know what you're saying. Cradle Catholics are still learning, too, so it's not limited to us converts! We'll have to get together someday and talk FF in more depth. Take care and (((hugs))) ...