"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Monday, October 27, 2008

Many Things To Say Monday

I've been quite busy since the last time I wrote... First off gas here is now $2.19 or LESS! Isn't that amazing? We were inching towards 4 not to long ago and now it appears it may be below $2 in the not to distance future... Crazy! I finally sew up the curtain for the bathroom linen closet... Photos to follow in another publishing... We switched all 4 children's clothes from summery/warmish fall... To coolish fall/wintery wear... Now that we have gone through storage we know exactly where we need to fill in if at all... My husband said it's like shopping in our home... ::smirk:: The highlight of my weekend would have been going to the 'Women's Showcase' and seeing Jo Frost a.k.a. Super Nanny... I didn't take a camera because I figured I'd be too far away for a decent PIC... Well, I was wrong... I sat with three friends from FMCHE... We were only 6-8 rows behind VIP seating or closer and centered stage (right behind the camera for the 'big' screens that were all over the arena)... So, we had a great view and Jo's talk was really good... I didn't see much of the 'Women's Showcase' other then Super Nanny... So, I can't really tell you what the 'Women's Showcase' even is... :-X I picked up Jo's newest book entitled Confident Baby Care... Other then the misinformation on Co-sleeping it is a really good book from what I've skimmed through and read thus far... I hadn't seen and finally met a new Avon lady... Mine has disappeared on me... So, it was a really cool afternoon... After Jo's talk I saw another friend from FMCHE and a friend from CCM browsing the booths and chatting... My husband had to work so I only had a short amount of time to attend the event... For $15 ($12 for show and $3 to park) it was a great deal... I might even consider going next year... ::grin:: Yesterday I made my first ever 9 pound Spiral Glazed Ham... It was DELICIOUS!

No comments: