"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Friday, September 19, 2008

This That and The Other Thing

Not much to report since Wednesday... I went to the local quilt show hosted by the local guild it was eh... ok... I can now say I've been and don't plan to go back again for as long as I live here... Don't get me the wrong the quilts were indescribable... No words I could type here could do justice to their beauty but the hosts and other quilt goers... Talk about a room full of snobs... You think I was some thief waiting for their backs to be turned and steal something... Very un welcoming... Exactly how they behaved at the guild meeting... Only been there once and never going back there again either... It was like I was a joke for just showing up with my first row not even a finished quilt... When I showed my first paper pieced block that was entered into a drawing and won a DVD was some kind of entertainment... You would have thought I was a hired clown... It's a total mockery and inferiority if you make your quilts with non quilt shop only fabric and don't pay hundreds of dollars to have it long armed quilted or spend years hand quilting it yourself... I find that just close minded... Making a quilted item is more then how much you paid to make it or how many ribbons/awards it wins or how much is sells for... It's an emotion expressed by the Quilter with fabric for another to feel upon being wrapped up in it or viewing it... I've talked to hundreds of Quilters from all over the world and our guild is somewhat unique with it's hoity toity attitudes... So, beware! I dropped off and picked up our home school groups directory... It turned out magnificent... Better then I could ever expect... Great job Kinkos! There is an added surprise related to it's printing but I can't share till after our opening mass and pizza party for the group... ::wink:: We started our CCD classes... I'm using a new curriculum this year and haven't quite figured it out yet... It is a program called Family Faith Formation... This month's "theme" is Angels... I picked up several supplemental texts from our fabulous Catholic Bookstore in town, Holy Family... I sure will miss that place when we leave... I hope to find a new one in my new 'home'... I'm all ready for 40 days for life... I'm excited about being able for the first time to attend Walk with Christ for Life Sunday with the Bishop this year... I'm just hope I'm up for the Eucharistic procession from the Cathedral to our only abortion facility in the ENTIRE state... I was given some items to eBay... I now have to figure out how to go about listing them... I have some thoughts and will keep you updated... I'm excited about my new 'project'... Linebacker is doing well... We have successfully been able to adjust his nursing schedule... I will know better our success at his next weight in... I guess there isn't much more to write... I will write when I can...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sad. I have a friend who is involved with the quilt guild (I'm not sure how involved, though). I've always wanted to attend, but just never got around to it. What you said about fabric & method is absolutely true. Each one is a work of art and an extension of each quilter's individual artistic expression.

At church, I used to just 'put 'em together' to get done, & I worked toward being fast. We needed quantity . . . This year, I hope, will be different - more fun. I'm looking forward to not HAVING to take things home.