"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Saturday, September 13, 2008

My 'Plate'

This is a list of all the things on my 'plate':
Homeschooling x 3
Public Schools x 3
Schedules x 6
Laundry
Dishes
Child with Autism
4 Children
Nursing Issues
The Legal Thing I'm Not Disclosing
Clutter!
TOYS
PAPER
Bills/Household Paperwork/Forms
Laundry
Figuring Out Effective Positive Discipline
Familia (mom's group)
MACH I (mom's group)
CCM (mom's group)
La Leche League Support Group
Laundry
Autism Support Group
API Group
Respite Staffing
Meal Planning/Cooking/Shopping
Potty Training
Laundry
Diapers
Speech Therapy x 2
Quilting
Doctors/Dentist Appointments for 6 People
Laundry
General Cleaning (Vacuuming, Dusting, Sweeping, Mopping, Etc.)
Gardening
Finances/Budgets
Auto Condition (repair, maintenance, gas) x 2
Knitting
Sewing (clothing and for the home)
Laundry
Public Library
Recycling
General Household Shopping - Non Food
Planning Birthdays/Holidays
Mail
Family Faith Formation (CCD)
eBay
Everything else I can't think of right now... ::sigh::

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caroline,
How nice to literally stumble upon your blog. Your plate IS full. It makes me reflect that, no matter how full our plates get, God does the cooking, Jesus is our dinner date, and the Holy Spirit does the dishes.
God bless you,
Laura D from FMCHE

Renee said...

Caroline,
Obviously some things can't be cut but you do need to find a way to have time to breathe. Make a list of those that you have no choice about (children, bills, etc).... then pick one activity for each family member... try that for a few weeks.... as hard as it is to not be a part of mom groups, you can't do them all and still have the time and energy to care for your family and yourself

Michelle said...

Caroline, I heartily agree with what Renee already said.

When Gerard had therapists coming to the house 4x a week, it was chaotic at best when factoring in the three teens activities (none of them drove so they couldn't drive to their activities).

When my 3 oldest were little (5 and under) the house rarely got cleaned because Wayne was working 12 hour shifts.

As the kids have gotten older they've all been taught and are being taught how to help clean. It's time consuming but it's worthwhile.

Judy said...

Oh, Caroline!!! I will reiterate what Renee and Michelle said. You can't do it all without some damage to spirit and health. Please take some quiet time before the Lord and ask Him what He truly wants you to be involved in. And then cut the non-essentials, and those things He isn't leading you to do.

And if you would like, feel free to contact me re: the nursing issues... I've been through quite a few myself, so maybe I could help.

Unknown said...

when my kids were younger, I had the therapies coming intot he house and was running kids to and from school and felt overwhelmed....and wanted to carve time out for me...and keep the house clean ...and all the other stuff...
the hard part if figuring out what is important and what can wait.I finally decided as long as the house was clean, the clutter could wait.

And I agree with Renee,. Maybe you could pick one?
And when they all are older, it won't be the same, the problems will just be different