"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Saturday, September 27, 2008

My 'Plate' A Work In Progress

I have revised and cleaned off my plate a bit... It is still a work in progress but here is what I have so far...

Schooling x 3
Schedules x 6
Laundry
Nursing Support
Clutter!/TOYS/PAPER
Household Paperwork/Finances
Effective Positive Discipline <~~~ been consistently using the time out corner with timer
Familia (mom's group) <~~~ kept just one mom's group dropped the rest
Autism Support Group (once a month)
API Group (once a month)
Meal Planning<~~~cutting back how often I go and stocking/freezing homemade ready to eat meals
Potty Training <~~~ Temporarily on hold
Speech Therapy x 2 <~~~ adjusted schedules to make it less 'plate' consuming
Quilting <~~~ only for 10 mins after everyone is in bed to relax before going to bed myself, no more late night activities... I'm in bed by 10:15 at the latest instead of midnight or later!
Doctors/Dentist Appointments for 5 People
Gardening <~~~ done with this till spring... just pickin' food once a week
Knitting <~~~ putting on hold after I finish Linebacker's new hat (already more then 1/2 done!)
Library
Mail
Family Faith Formation (CCD)

2 comments:

Renee said...

Glad you were able to find a way to cut back on some things....

Anonymous said...

You've really done yourself a great service. It's hard to cut back on activities, especially when you enjoy them once you are there! However, home time is so important, too. I'm glad I'll still see you every once in a while, though. The hat for linebacker looks great, BTW.

On a gardening note, I made a compost area today! Oldest ds & I screwed together 7 wooden pallets to create 3 sections for materials. It's not that pretty, but it works & it will evenutally be hidden behind a garage (I HOPE!!)