"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day - Monday

Sunday:
I had a wonderful Mother's Day... Peanut and I went to the 10 AM Mass... We then ate a delicious french toast and sausage breakfast hosted by the Knights of Columbus... I called the mother's in my life and chatted... I ate a snack of taco dip and tortilla chips... Chris ran out for some errands including extra Mother's Day shopping... He and the children gave me my gifts... I had a leisurely nap... I woke up to a delicious salad with all the fixin's, t-bone steak (grilled outside!; {Mother's Day is our kick off to the grilling season}), french fries and broccoli... My hubby had bathed and put all the children to bed but Little Guy and Big Boy... We ate together just the two of us and chatted... We bathed Little Guy and Big Boy... I read a bit of Total Money Makeover... Off to sleep I went...
Monday:
As for today... I had myself a minivacation... It is rare I have a day without an appointment during the school year... Today was that day... I'm going to running like crazy the rest of the week but took today to relax and pamper myself... I watched more of my FPU DVDs... I worked out my 'Basic Quickie Budget' and started using my envelope system... I also filled out Lesson 1: Super Saving - Common Sense for Your Dollar and Cents in the work book... Tomorrow I will review the questions and rewatch the DVD to make sure I completed all the activities then start on Lesson 2... My husband made burgers and hotdogs/sausages for the start of the week on the grill yesterday... I enjoyed a hotdog for lunch and cheese burger for dinner... Melt in your mouth good! I sure missed flavor of charcoal grilled food! We eat steaks, burgers, and hotdogs/sausages year round... Sure does taste more flavorful when grilled...

No comments: