"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wealth Wednesday

After a day like today... I am truly a woman of wealth... I am rich in so many things... It was my 30th birthday... Today started out like any other day... I walked the boys to school... Peanut, Linebacker and I went to finish Peanut's ECSE testing... We will have the results next week... We came back home and rested a bit before I opened my first birthday present... It was an Electric Griddle...
::insert photo here::
I cooked bacon and eggs on it... They were delicious!! It is the prefect size, easy to use and the food tasted great... I can't wait to make pancakes for the whole family on it... I can cook 8 eggs individually at one time on it... We looked at the box and saw our bacon was the same size as the one on the box... How funny is that... My husband then took Peanut out to finish the birthday shopping... Linebacker and I relaxed at home before walking to pick up the boys... I had a potato salad snack... I didn't want to eat too much because I had a fancy birthday dinner all planned out not to mention cake... ::smirk:: Linebacker and I picked Monkey and Engineer up from school... Monkey had ST... He did well.. It was also his first 'library' day... When Peanut and my husband returned home... I went out... I went to Walmart to finish the rest of our monthly shopping of staples and last minute things needed for dinner... I also ran in Sam's real quick for fries, chips and the last of chicken for dinner on the menu plan... I headed home and we started cooking... The menu I created for my birthday was...

Ribeye Steaks w/ Steak Seasoning Charcoal Grilled then Topped with Teriyaki Mushrooms and Sauteed in Butter Onions

Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes (recipe below)

Salad (Leaf Lettuce, Carrots, Onions (raw), Shredded Colby/Jack Cheese, Tomato Wedges, w/ Provolone and Summer Sausage Garnish) w/ Raspberry Hazelnut Vinaigrette Dressing

To Be Continued (life happened... ::grin::)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!!! Your Birthday menu sounds wonderful. Have a great year!!