"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Thrilled Tuesday

I am so proud of myself... I finished 3/4 of the food shopping today at my favorite little store by my house... I still have $150 of the 'budget' still left to pick up the rest of the staples tomorrow at Walmart... We are feeding a family of six, 3 meals a day (minus school meals for the older two) on less then $400 a month (plus misc perishables we will pick up throughout the month)... I feel great!!!! That is what menu planning is meant to do... Cut your grocery bill... We have been know to spend $600-800 in a month or more!! Isn't that obscene... Considering our income, a lot of that would be put on credit then we are paying interest on something we ate months ago... We just weren't planning like we should... Our family doesn't need to spend almost 50% of our monthly income on FOOD! I'm very excited about my birthday but still have no idea what to tell my husband to buy for my birthday... He's running out of time to shop... ::smirk:: Peanut had speech today and is doing very well... They are working on adding the F sound on to the end of words now... Her therapist is so impressed with how she is picking up each new thing they try so quickly... I scrubbed the climber (ours is 'primary' colors, was purchased when Engineer was 20 months old) out back with my fancy soap that works miracles... I will work on it more on Thursday... I also washed a few windows... The weather here is beautiful... I also knitted a bit on Engineer's hat... It's slow going... I hope to have it finished before his big day in a couple weeks...

1 comment:

Suzie L. said...

Glad to see things are going well, Caroline. You just sound more positive and up-beat in your writing. Cool ... about the menu-planning. I'm the same; when I plan we do much better in both cost and healthiness.