"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

The recipe as promised yesterday... I've made several different 'chicken n' biscuit' recipes over the years and this one is very good and easy!

Biscuits (8-10) you can make from scratch like I do or buy the can kind

32 oz chicken broth and 17.5 oz chicken broth

1.5 - 2 lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breast cubed, browned in skillet w/ olive oil

.5 - 1 lb carrots, coarsely chopped (used can of carrots, drained {had on hand})

3-5 ribs of celery, chopped

1 med. onion, chopped

1/2 C. frozen corn (I omitted and put in 1/2 C. frozen peas and 1 lb. frozen green bean cuts)

Spices - I used my own 'secret mix' it calls for 3 t. basil and 1/4 t. pepper

1 C. flour

Bake biscuits according to can/your recipe... In large pot combine 32 oz broth, chicken, carrots, celery, onion, corn {peas, green beans}, and spices... Bring chicken mixture to a boil... Reduce heat and cover... Simmer 7-10 minutes or until veggies are tender...

Whisk together flour and 17.5 oz broth in bowl (I like to use my 4 C. Pyrex measuring cup)... Whisk into chicken mixture until smooth... Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened...

Split biscuits and spoon chicken mixture over top...

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Suzie L. said...

Great to see you on another post - I've missed you!!