"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Monday, April 14, 2008

Many Things To Do Monday

Yesterday was a busy day... Tried to have a quiet morning but the children were all crazy running around then Mass... We tried Domino's new 'Brooklyn' Pizza... It was ok... We also had Taco Shop to supplement the tiny pizza (we did order the large) we spit among the 5.5 of us for lunch... Next it was ready everyone to run errands... We tried to rearrage the seats in the van and discovered one of them is broken... It is safe to ride in but you can't remove it and we need to make more room... So, we will be taking it in to fix that before #4 arrives... We need the space that seat is taking and no one is going to sit in it so it doesn't need to be a 'seat' at this point in the van's life... I was also able to convince my husband the garage door opener is indeed 100% broke so I need to sumbit a request for service with the home warranty people about that so they can send someone out... We went to JCPenney where my husband exchanged shampoo... He bought one for blondes and requires gloves to use... LOL!!! He also ran in Sears to pick up more Primer... It is almost remodel season... We have done a tiny bit but not really into full swing yet because of the roller coaster weather... Next we stopped at the gas station before we were stranded... Off to the library we headed... We all went in there and found lots of great books and DVDs for the week... It was through town to the 'new' Walmart... We had hoped to use the boys' birthday money to pick them up some spring jackets and then use the rest for summer clothes but Walmart doesn't have jackets yet... Picked up some much needed items like grass seed, light bulbs (soft) for Monkey's night light, Diapers, Laundry Soap (starting to catch up after being so sick), and misc Food/Household items... We headed home and I made some homemade Chinese dishes... My husband took the boys recycling... I ran out and picked up Milk, Cheese and Juice... For Chinese we used our new WOK we bought at Christmas... It is a fancy one you season and don't scrub with soap... We seasoned it and I made Chicken Lo Mein with mushrooms, broccoli, peas, onions, and carrots... I also made General Tso's Chicken... Both were very delicious! We had planned on watching Baby 101 together but I fell asleep on the couch while he took out the trash and did some pre-kitchen clean up...
Peanut had a session this morning with her EI lady... We had leftover Chinese before my husband left for work... The fence guy came... Looks like a little over $500 for the fence job around the garden... I was hoping for more like $2-4 hundred but I think I can swing this... It's 50% due at signing and 50% due when they are done... It will take them about 5-7 days to do the job... They will be cementing the posts which I was impressed with... I figured they just dig a hole and drop the pole in... ::smirk:: I did some searching for spring jackets... I found some on sale at Walmart.com and will probably go that way... I'm still searching for peanut and not having much luck... So, that's kind of frustrating... My oldest had a fantastic day at his program and even more wonderful ST session... So, things are looking up... ::smile::

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What about checking the thrift store for spring jackets?

Anonymous said...

Caroline, have you ever shopped at Saver's?? I have found quite a few coats, jeans & clothes for the kids (and for me!) over the last few years. The prices are better than some of the
'children only' second hand stores, too.