"If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all." St. Peter Canisius


Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tasty Thursday

I made homemade 100% from scratch Sloppy Joes... Here is the recipe for those who are interested in making it for their families...

Crockpot Sloppy Joes

INGREDIENTS:
2 pounds Hamburger
1 Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced (I use my garlic press)
1 C. Ketchup
3 T. Worcestershire Sauce (I use our fav Steak Sauce)
3 T. Brown Sugar
2 T. Mustard (2 t. dry)
2 T. Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 t. Chili Powder
Other Seasoning (your choice)
Buns

PREPARATION:
In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic... Drain off excess fat... Combine ketchup, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and chili powder (and other seasonings) in slow cooker... Stir in ground beef mixture... Cover and cook on Low setting for 8 to 10 hours/High setting for 4 to 6 hours... Serve spooned over buns... We like to add a slice of cheese to our 'sandwiches'... ENJOY!

We seemed to all be sharing something... My husband is still recovering from what he had... My oldest is losing his voice... Monkey has this scratchy congested cough... Peanut has a milder version of the cough... I have this nasal thing that comes and goes... Good news it is warming up here... So, hopefully these annoyances will be short lived... My oldest has his pre-op screening for his surgery in Feb... As long as he doesn't have any colds before he goes under he is all clear for surgery... They are going to preform an Orchidopexy or Orchiectomy depending on what they find... It was a pretty quiet and tiring day... We were all up and down in the middle of the night and didn't sleep well... Tirediness and stress made for unpleasant conversations during those waking moments... My husband and I watched Waitress tonight... He bought it for me for Christmas... It is a very good movie... I love the matching outfits at the end... Cool if Peanut and I had little outfits like that... ::smirk:: I'm going to lay down and rest... Hopefully this nasaly thing I have will go away soon... It is really making me tired...

No comments: